GoKunming Forums

exit flights from china

duke is me (64 posts) • 0

The recent posts from AlPage48 suggests that it is now not possible to

fly out of china until October..
At the same time, most online booking sites won't confirm a reservation to Thailand or Laos, for example..
The Laos Consulate in KM is closed; no phone or email contact..
The major asian airlines are also unresponsive..
Any current information would be a big help for those of us who are attempting to leave China.. Thanks.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Thailand has extended their "state of emergency" till at least the end of June. They review it frequently.

They are only accepting a few repatriation flights at the moment.

The hotel sites I've checked in Thailand are also not taking reservations.

Vietnam appears to be opening up on the inside, but no way to get there.

If the China rule holds we'll be here for a while.

My biggest concern right now since they forced me to cancel my long term visa (with the 90 day exit) and take a 30 day S2 is that they will somehow start to permit me to exit but not re-enter.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@AlPage48
There is anxiety all around. It's always the regular folks that will face the wrath of the political upheaval that goes on. I hope it works out for you and the rest of us who have called China home all these years.

Ya, that fox news is about flights to the far side (US)..
AlPage48: exit to where? VietNam?

FSB will need to adjust a new policy..
I am too illegal to even speak with them. Just want to pay their 10,000 penalty, grab my shit & git.. (to Vientiane)..

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Duke,
If you go talk to the PSB right now you may be able to avoid any penalty because you couldn't go out if you wanted to.

I actually have no desire to go out, and Vietnam is not on my list of places to go, but their policy of not allowing something equivalent to landed immigrant status does force many of us to go out, then in, then out....

Xiefei (539 posts) • +3

@duke is me:

"I am too illegal to even speak with them. Just want to pay their 10,000 penalty, grab my shit & git.. (to Vientiane)..."

I'm guessing you have a long-expired visa. If that's the case, you're going to have to talk to the PSB sooner or later, either by walking into their office of your own volition now, or when customs stops you trying to leave the country.

If you just try to fly out of here or cross at the border, there's a chance they will allow you out with just a fine, but there's also a pretty good chance they'll throw you in detention for a month.

Your best chance for lenience is to come to them first.

To pay the fine and leave was the plan.. Suddenly, none of the airlines are confirming a reservation through the summer. It's gone all pear-shaped.

@AlPage48

That is what I was referring to; the Viet Nam visa border run, unless that has also changed.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@Duke is me
Isn't it better to deal with it now where perhaps they will have more sympathy and understanding as oppose to later? The more days that passes by the more you will 'look' as if you didn't give a damn about their rules. @AlPage48 is right in my opinion.

Related forum threads

Login to post