GoKunming Forums

GoKunming feedback...

michael2015 (784 posts) • -1

We had thunderstorms and monsoon like rains in east kunming, while a mere 4km on the other side at green lake, weather was cloudy, but dry. This is normal. Most locals ALWAYS carry small portable umbrellas for those just-in-case situations.

alienew (422 posts) • -6
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

Strongly suggest that those who post on forum threads or comments on articles carefully exam the topic of same and limit their contributions to the topic, or to informational or logical comments, possible disagreements, with other posters' statements, avoiding issues such as the possible nature of other contributors' personalities, gender preferences, opinions on other matters from other posts etc., and that apparent violations of this be indicated by a simple downvote, which is not 'censorship', rather than a personal, likely egotistical rant about the poster, so that gokunming monitors can get on with more intelligent work. Many posters might be surprised at just how uninterested other posters are in your opinions of each other. If you want to discuss a poster's personality or whatever (me, for example, what do I care) then you can start a thread concerning it and see just how few posts you get.
This is not facebook.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • -1

it is rude and patronizing, general bad manners to presume to teach others manners. explained? if not look it up

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • -3

@alienew

Not "they."

Most of us stand on your side or not care. For me, I've never once upvoted or downvoted anyone. For starters, I've yet to see the buttons. Perhaps my add-ons are blocking those features.

Fyi, it's pretty easy to use VPN and create multiple accounts with disposable emails, which many of us suspect a certain member is engaged in. But we won't call out who because it's childish. One can easily create 10 accounts, but why bother with such triviality and time-wasting.

In short @alien, don't feel like the rest of us disagree with you. Stay cool.

ASatiricalBloke (103 posts) • 0

I, for one, am amused by people complaining about other people complaining, it's like hearing 6 year olds whining about whining. I think if everyone heed their own advice this world would be a better place.

Instead of telling (or suggest if you don't like that word) others what to do, maybe you should lead by example?

@bilingual, curious as to how you came to the conclusion that "most of us...." Was there a survey or opinion poll that I missed?

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • -4

... or not care.

Until the vast majority of members on GoK have a go at @alien with torch & pitchfork, it's just the usual handful who resent his opinions.

alienew (422 posts) • -3

@Dazzer: point is not to teach others manners, but to get forums to work better and not drive people away, as iTeach suggested they may now do..

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.