GoKunming Forums

Is Dali fun anymore?

ASatiricalBloke (103 posts) • +1

James sounds angry, maybe this is the onset of Dali withdraw syndrome.

As for miyamoto=james, I just don't see it yet. James sounds like a brainwashed ultra nationalist foaming at the mouth while miyamoto sounds like a self-absorbed gentrified hippie.

James Callis (16 posts) • -9
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

why you thinking you can advice for someone online? its in oaf man life like that way? he only can thinking he able log on and do so serious? only displays trait is the smug bitch one everytime to opening mouth, or for writing use lap computer. all days, anytime 'mumbo jumbo". all you "blah bla" is the nonsensical one. I pity for you.

Thereby you obvious in every way so bitch. Try to be so strength but allthey people know you looking more ulgier these day, like american singer call "cher'. Carefully for this way. nothing so bitch, is only you. can you turning back time?

for the other one. sound like catch the rabies already. why you copy if you so serious original? no brainwash. like you wanting we thinking of you. youselfs fakery little bit know. inside crying alredy. however you always still has to writing bitchy online.

final is one things more. not beat around the bush, o.k? wanting advise from themself to you guy? lets you know you ballsout style so danger in life. all you is quisby mens. meaning is you can look mirror and eyes still dont see true. only style is they move they lips too much frequently. because you nothing so cool and fashion, not so serious one like the professional way in succsess life. If you not thinking you can shutup I slap also o.k.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • +3

you dont need to look much further than the last post to see angry smug mumbojumbo blablabla. fingers working too much. an entry for the civilized kunminger award praps?

lemon lover (1006 posts) • +3

James it is now three days that you have a case of serious net-diarrhoea here and there are no signs that things are improving. Even looks to get worse.
I am afraid that you are beyond the online help we can offer at this forum and advice you seek professional help otherwise you might end up like David Katz.

herenow (357 posts) • +2

James, have you noticed that nobody here is even bothering to reciprocate your insults? Why do you think that is?

First, your posts show an extremely poor command of the English language. They also demonstrate cultural illiteracy: stringing together lots of coarse insults may be effective in some settings, but in English-speaking culture it just sounds unhinged.

In short, there is no need for anyone to insult you because you are already embarrassing yourself so badly with what you write.

I have found the great majority of Chinese people that I have met here to be gracious and goodhearted. I have naturally shared my experiences with people I know abroad. To the degree that this is repeated among other foreigners on a larger scale, it means that when you and other Chinese people travel abroad, you are more likely to be welcomed with friendly smiles.

Why not emulate your compatriots?

Bamei (36 posts) • +2

Well one is a Japanese swordsman, philosopher, writer and rōnin from centuries ago and the other an English/American B-movie actor. I think both would feel ashamed because of the misuse of their name.

herenow (357 posts) • -1

@tigertiger: Right, that had occurred to me. My reasons for concluding that he is:

- He implies that he has observed foreigners around Kunming, so he apparently lives here.

- His grammar issues are reminiscent of many Chinese learners of English.

- "You falling short of standard. shame own family." This seems culturally characteristic.

- The deluge of hyperbolic insults reminds me of threads I have seen on some Chinese discussion forums.

- Certain insults (e.g., big ears) have traditionally been used here against Westerners.

Still, some of these things could probably characterize other Asians as well, so I might be wrong.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • +3

This is going wildly off topic.

Yes Dali is fun. Still is a nice place for those who have never been there before and don’t picture it in outdated travel reviews and personal memories that compare it to how Dali used to be and accept that changes happen (For good and for bad).

Yes there is no longer dope growing on the slopes of Cangshan and indeed the place is no longer a backpacker’s destination and more geared to mass tourism Chinese style which is indeed brings in a crowd which can’t be described as creative etc.

But relaxing and fun is what you make yourself of it. There is still a good craft beer to be drunk at the Bad Monkey while listening to the Thai band rocking the night away.

Indeed with all the restrictions now imposed these night might be a bit shorter but still it is a nice place to be if only because it is away from Kunming (Which for most of us here on GoKunming means our daily life and all that comes with it).

If you have been in Dali some 10 years ago like the OP, you probably better stay away and preserve your good memories. If you want to know how it is perceived now by people going there nowadays you better read specific travel blogs of people doing that instead of getting opinions on a site like this which, also it has a wealth of information to share, is not the best place for a question like this.

Related forum threads

Login to post