How are you? it's my first time here.
I am from US and planning to go to Chengdu - Chongqing - Yunnan.
In Yunnan, We are planning to go to Kunming-Dali-Lijiang-Shangri-La for 8 days. My questions are:
1. Is it possible to travel to Yunnan without tour?
2. Is it safe for 2 girls to travel?
3. are the terrain considered difficult?
My sister and I are not very athletic/strong enough to hike difficult terrain. We are looking for something easy to hike if any.
4. Public transportation are easily accessible? Is it far to walk from the bus /train station to sightseeing places?
5. How many days each place is recommended?
6. We are planning to go around Feb 1st - Feb 9th,2024. I know it is 1 week before Chinese New Year. Will places be open? In case we decided to take tour, will the tour be open?
7. Yunnan use cash more or Alipay?
8. Is it hard to find ATM in Yunnan?
Any ideas/recommendations are appreciated.
Thank you so much in advance for your time. :)