GoKunming Forums

School unwilling to pay for work done?

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Smillz, you are probably becoming aware that language teaching can be a racket. Dodgy schools, unqualified teachers, all hovering around increasingly desperate students like vultures. Whilst considering your own predicament and how to deal with it, also please give some consideration for students. If exposing bad practice can in some way help aspiring Kunming students then please do so. Good luck in finding a school that treats teachers and students in a professional manner by offering quality teaching at a reasonable price.

Smillz (31 posts) • 0

Thanks again for everyone's input. I finally got paid, and I ended my employment with the school. However, I've decided not to post the school's name, because I know that the school was not maliciously withholding my pay- they are just having some financial problems. I would feel bad harming their reputation when they are already having so many troubles.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

That sounds to me as an even better reason to disclose the school's name since they probably will be looking for other foreign teachers to replace the ones who left. If the school I was going to start a job with had "many troubles" and "financial problems" as well as a history of delayed payments I for one would love to know. At least that would encourage new teachers to get some kind of guarantee that they would get paid somehow.

Related forum threads

Login to post