GoKunming Forums

School unwilling to pay for work done?

Smillz (31 posts) • 0

I have a problem- I am teaching part-time at a school. I am supposed to be paid every month, on the 1st of the month. Last month they didn't pay me until the 8th. I decided to give them one more chance, but here it is the 11th and they still have not paid me for last month's work, and have told me that they will not pay me until next week. Does anyone have any ideas for me? I'm tempted to quit the school and post a thread warning other teachers not to work for this place, but I'm not sure if that is a good idea. Anyone's opinion is welcome.

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

A few days late is one thing, but more than a week?? Two months in a row?? If that happened I'd tell them to start paying once a week, and if they are more than a day late then stop teaching until they pay you.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I agree. I work at Webi and they pay on the 5th. Sometimes it's not in the bank until the 6th or 7th but never had any problems. I agree with Quyang. There is something suspicious happening. Beware!

DaMiao (66 posts) • 0

Fell free to post their name,Smillz. Personally,I would prefer to be forewarned, rather than discover later, that the school can not pay it's staff.
Thanx.

Bernie (101 posts) • 0

You could ask, why? Then analyze the answer. I've experienced late payments for years, but nothing ever went unpaid ... finally.

hedgepig (273 posts) • 0

i guess it's an issue of trust. do you trust them to eventually pay? they did before, so maybe they will again.

many businesses face cash flow issues, especially when starting out, and they're often for very good reasons. perhaps talking with the management about the reasons, and agreeing a (solid) revised payment date might help with your peace of mind.

working unpaid sucks, and if the trust isn't there, do yourself a favour and walk.

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

Is this a job you got from an ad posted here on GoKunming? If so, it would really be nice if you could give a little more info. i.e. which ad, the school, and an update on your situation. I'm really sorry you have to deal with this, but you might be able to help other people.

onlyone (156 posts) • 0

I never trusted any school here or there .to solve it i always aske them to pay me in advance if not possible i ask weekly or have a mont payment .You also need to hold a contract to keep ypur rights !.Post the name of the school is the last solution.

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

part-time usually means no work visa. A contract won't do any good if you're working illegally to begin with.

Related forum threads

Login to post