GoKunming Forums

which chinese insults do you find most offensive?

dolphin (509 posts) • -4
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

Dude, if he thinks Kenyans are monkeys, why is he in Kenya? Because he likes the Bananas?

dude, how many times I gotta tell you to stop watching and reading trash journalism? That shit mess up your brain. Let’s all formulate our views of the world from the jerry Springer show!

Miyamoto Musashi (30 posts) • -6

Dude, I dont really think its funny that if young people are enrolling to study in a chinese university they are going to have to put up with being called an 'ape' throughout their studies.

Its also not really funny for people who have settled and have children in china. Should their children have to simply put up with being taunted and called 'monkey' and 'ape' throughout highschool? Not to mention having to try and avoid disgusting perverted old men laowei who think every woman in chinas purpose is to be a maid who does sexual favours...

Id also like to understand why having a problem with being on the receiving end of chinese racism can ever be considered to be racist, as tigertiger put it :

"racist, thinly veiled criticism of Chinese culture"

If I criticise a blatantly, overtly racist culture I am a racist? How did you come to that conclusion?

ASatiricalBloke (103 posts) • 0

Dude, what is the point of this discussion? It started out with you wanting to know which insult is more offensive and wanting to know how to insult back and now you want to shine a light on a social ill?

If you can't clearly articulate what it is you wish to discuss then you will be treated like a rambling idiot that you are acting like. To be fair, maybe you are suffering from Dali withdraw syndrome and incoherence is part of the side-effects.

alienew (422 posts) • -3

In my experience, individual back-and-forth insult contests rarely lead to a decrease in the frequency or vehemence of insults.

So what is it you are really after here?

herenow (357 posts) • -1

At the risk of sounding paranoid, I can't help but wonder if James Musashi is some sort of agent provocateur whose aim is to bait folks here into saying something unfortunate which will then be used for an ulterior purpose.

dolphin (509 posts) • -1

provacateur/troll 1000%.

notice how he sneaks more variables into the argument to agitate... perverted old laowai men .. ha ha.. one of the oldest trolling tricks in the book.

Miyamoto Musashi (30 posts) • -8

In light of your responses to my queries I can see that it is generally agreed upon amongst users of gokunming forum that:

1. "Social ills" of China should never be mentioned, while "social ills" of other countries may be discussed freely.

2. Any criticism of the behaviour of any Chinese individuals is a direct attack on "Chinese culture" but individuals from mainland China may freely insult any other culture for any length of time and insulting responses of any kind are wholly unacceptable.

3. If any person has a problem stemming from being racially insulted by a person of Chinese ethnicity it is because that person is "too low" or, if they are recieving insults the reason is that they are "too low" in the social hierarchy.

4. If a person voices any criticism of any aspect of Chinese behaviour in China they are automatically a "troll" or an "agent provocateur", but individuals from any other culture may be openly insulted by Chinese individuals.

5. If a person has complaints about receiving racially charged insults from people of Chinese heritage it is a problem because that person may have "politcal motivation".

6. There is no way to oppose any problem in China ( ie. 没办法 - meibanfa - there is no choice / solution ).

7. If a person lives or works amongst Kenyans, it is a comical situation because Kenyans "like banannas".

8. All journalism which criticizes any aspect of Chinese culture is "trash journalism".

9. It is acceptable to call hong kong people "inhuman bastard dogs" on live t.v if they do not wish to learn mandarin.

10. There are no perverted old western men in China.

May I put it to you that your views on the subject may be seen as being quite unusual worldwide?

How do you feel about the following Chinese music video entitled "too many stupid fucking foreigners".
In this music video the rapper says "fuck off stupid foreigners, fuck you mother, too many stupid fucking foreigners".

Do you think this video incites racial hatred in any way, or is this kind of music video completely acceptable?
If a Han Chinese person can make the music video - "fuck off stupid foreigners", can foreigners make a video like this about Han Chinese people (and publish it in China )?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjk-eyPy4qo

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.