GoKunming Forums

can you buy these things in Kunming?

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

@dj
Don't know about the coconut stuff as they're not prolific and indigenous to Kunming. Most of what I see is the simple fresh coconuts with straws things.

As for fake stuff - herd mentality isn't always reliable - but somewhat safer - if you don't see any local chinese buying product at the wet market (or a restaurant for that matter) - avoidance is usually a good idea.

So be observant and aware of your environment - pay attention.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -5
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

@ djtutolo

Alien chose the name "Alien" due to the fact that he shines as a neon light in the dark.

rejected_goods (349 posts) • 0

when water (source and quality of the water used is a worry) being pumped into carcass to almost doubling its weight is a practice almost nationwide. is that a fake or what? hahahahah

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -2

Redjon, maybe you should ask when is last time something was real. Well, thats slightly exaggerated.

Bad food oil. Thats 6 months ago on a brief visit to Kunming, havent been there since. Probably the delicacy called "gutter oil", maybe you are familliar how many zillions of it was pumped on market. Thought it was too much msg but was informed that gutter oil/fake oil will make u feel uncomfortable in the throat.

After all food scandals over last 10 years - and those are only the ones made/come out public - hey, what the hell do u expect. Get real.

redjon777 (560 posts) • +1

We have answered post I suppose but just a last point on the food eh ;o)
Gutter oil and stuff along them lines is more what I'd call dodgy than fake, still oil just dodgy oil :o)

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

Rereading my post it was stupid, I concede lol
It was fake, it wasn't what it was said to be so of course it was fake and very widespread.
I got real ;o)

bluegrass14 (126 posts) • +2

There is a farm south of Kunming that sells raw and lightly pasteurized milk, and uses organic standards for their feed and dairy production. PM me if you want more information.

Related forum threads

Login to post