GoKunming Forums

Do NOT marry a Chinese woman

mockingbird (5 posts) • 0

Well,It is a matter of family culture,

unfortunately, some Chinese girls are well educated some are not....indeed she sounds quite abusive.

Maybe she is not the one for you.

Most of my friends are sensible and well mannered though, and of course, they are all from respectable families

faraday (213 posts) • 0

Thing that caught my eye most about this thread was the advice given to live together x years before marriage. I admit it sounds like good advice at first but in fact i dont agree. To each, his own! :)

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

'pregnant outside marriage also illegal, compulsory termination'

That doesn't happen in all cases. I hope it doesn't happen at all but I guess that would be naive.

I wasn't trying to be a smartass in my previous comment, if that was directed at me.

KMdragon (17 posts) • 0

Too many questions to reply to, I'm afraid! But, no, I did not meet her in a bar. Looking back at my original post, it was written "in the heat of the moment", I didn't lie, but, you can be biased or exaggerate a bit without necessarily lying. Anyway, things have calmed again with us. Not really sure what else to say, on the one hand, probably a little ridiculous that I raised this on this forum, but on the other hand, there have been some quite fair and reasoned comments/replies. Thank you.

faraday (213 posts) • 0

Good. It was an interesting thread. Pity "Gaoxing" did'nt give his input ;)

Food for thought, though, that you Op, did'nt have anyplace except this forum to let off steam. Fix that, man.

Well, good luck in the future!

faraday (213 posts) • 0

As for the lack of "i love u", i read someplace that chinese people get confused about foreigners repeating it all the time. Its like, they said it once and nothing changed, so why repeat it. And its like an insult if you request those three little words, it's almost as if you were'nt listening the first time, or don't believe them.
Actions speak louder than words..sometimes..:)

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@KMdragon
You last reponse is typical for a person being abused. Just to quote you "Anyway, things have calmed again with us. " Key word being "again". It's like when a women gets beaten up by the spouse and afterward the spouse says "I'm sorry" it won't happen again but sure enough it happens over and over. Hope you overcome this situtaion you put yourself in. Anyway, good luck!

Related forum threads

Login to post