GoKunming Forums

Why are you in Kunming/Yunnan?

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

I also really like the weather, the people, the food, the location, and many other things about Kunming. I find it a delightful town.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

i can't believe people are bitching about the weather or they are not smart enough to understand what spring is. if you live in places that have distinguished four seasons, you will quickly see that a proper spring has temps from below zero to the twenties. it's not uncommon to see snow in greece and italy..known for their spring-ish weather.

plus if you are still whining you probably heard about this funny thing called'climate change' and yes yunnan is not spared from it.

plus yoy had one month of cold....how could kunming weather dare to make it personal and maje you feel soooooo cold,right?

just buy a radiator for 150kuai and problem is solved. plus i lived in beijing for many years and if you guys think the heating system is sufficient than you brain may freeze but according to your posts, it's already too late.

people building anger against the cities weather...ridiculous.

it's still spring city look outside and tell me what you see? keep in mind that january is usually the coldest month. brrrr

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

It is normal for people to bitch about the weather, anywhere in the world.

Building anager against people who bitch about the weather...ridiculous.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I am in Kunming awaiting the opening of BK, in the meantime I will bitch about the weather.

Warmer this week, I guess the f****** mozzies will be out in force soon.

Ifoundthetuna (370 posts) • 0

@Tiger Tiger
not bitching about the weather just surprised annoyed that there is so much stupidity in the world.

And you also surprise me in the above mentioned way...brrr

Ifoundthetuna (370 posts) • 0

@redjon77
Good one. I think people mistake spring with summer. If people think Spring city means everyday sunshine and above the 20 degree mark than they would probably rename it Summer City.

Kunming is great for a big city, it has great weather, nice(r) people than in other provinces, good food, and it still has business opportunities and markets that are not over saturated. Plus weekend trips to other Asian countries are very tempting.

Way to go Kunming.

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

@Ifoundthetuna
lol yeah Kunming beats any spring I've known in London 99% of the time and a winter of a few weeks cannot be moaned at in any form!

Way to go Kunming lol

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Another reason to be here is obviously if you speak the language (Chinese, in some form and in some degree), as getting along in places where one doesn't speak any local language is more difficult.

Related forum threads

Login to post