GoKunming Forums

Getting a chinese driving license

Silvio DaVinci (282 posts) • 0

Does anyone have the full address of the exam's location in Chinese characters?
I mean, the address here says "DMV" but there's dozens throughout the city.
Does anyone have their phone-number too? (one they do answer)
Thanks!

草原狼 (3 posts) • 0

To Kaiju Liang:

Thanks for information.
The online quizz doesn't work anymore, so if you still are able to send your own study guide, I kindly ask you to send it to me.
I want to get my driving license on next August and look for an actual guide.
Guy

Scottish guy (30 posts) • 0

Hi, any recent updates about the driving test? From what I've read, you Need to 1)translate and notorise your licence, 2) get an appointment 3) turn up on the day with money for the test+ health check 4) pass it!
Is this still actual, has anyone passed it recently with up to date info? Also can you get an appointment without going to the centre?
Thanks

josaxofon (3 posts) • 0

Hi everyone, a great post, thanks a lot.

my drivers license expire almost two years ago, and im coming to kunming this thursday's to try to renew it,

wonder if there is anyone or service of translator , someone that can come with me

to help me out to comunicate since my chinese is cero. and how much is tha rate?
thanks for the help

EncryptedEncrypted (114 posts) • 0

Hi! (permit renewal recent information)

I went to 12 Jinkai Lu, Kunming 昆明经开路12

a few days ago to ask how to renew my chinese driving license.

In december 2019 it will be 3 years of expiring time. When it gets to 3 years, you cannot renew your license, you have to take all lessons again from scratch, even the driving practice ones. (a lot of money and time).
So if you have one and it expires make sure to renew it before the 3 years.
I have to go pass the test exam these days but they told me there are many new questions in there since I did the exam.

The woman there recommended me an app to practice answering the questions but it's in chinese.

Anyone know where to get updated questions in english?

(Once you pass the test, they give you the permit right away. )

Thanks a lot

Related forum threads

Login to post