GoKunming Forums

Getting a chinese driving license

DanDare (141 posts) • 0

@Encrypted. Do you mean to say that if you let your license lapse (go out of date/expire) you cannot renew without a new test, but you can renew before it expires, no problems?

hongxiongmao (50 posts) • 0

@DanDare You can renew your Chinese driver's license prior to its expiration date with no issues. I did so a couple years ago and the process took about half hour.

Important to note that if any of your information has changed since you had your old license you will most likely have to provide new documents (residence address etc) and I can't recall for sure, but I believe you need new photos as well(you take them at the station too). Other than that, I think there was a small fee - too insignificant too remember how much it was.

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

Show up with photos, passport, old license and your residence registration slip from the local police station (proof of address).

They made me take the eye exam again as well. I think there was a fee, but it was peanuts.

If you're renewing a soon-to-expire or recently expired license, no need to take the test.

There are apps for practicing the English exam available on your favorite international appstore (ie Google Play, Apple appstore, etc)

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

I noticed that my driving license number is my old passport number. Can anyone confirm that it's not problem when you show up to renew the license with a new passport that has a different number?

Related forum threads

Login to post