GoKunming Forums

Getting a chinese driving license

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Does a D also cover cars?

I know that the theory test is different for bike licences.

On the matter of ownership. We bought a car last year, but it could not be registered in my name as I am not a Chinese national. It is registered in my wife's name. The insurance is also in her name, but in China it is the vehicle that is insured (for all drivers) and not for just named drivers.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

C1 is for cars.

Its bs about laowai not being able to own cars or bikes. I hope you got all the facts from your wife.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

Yup, the loan explains it, so you have the best of both worlds,,a car and someone else paying for it, lucky you

tabilia (10 posts) • 0

Hi,

do you know what the difference between the E and F license is?
I got an F license and only want a small motorcycle, but I don't know what kind of bike I can drive with my license. Is it about the engine size, maximum speed...?

thanks!

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

I got my jeep in my name..

I'm in the process of registering a trailer, you should see all the puzzeled looks I get. A what??? The metal thing with 2 wheels you tow behind your passenger vehicle... You cant do that!!...Oh yes you can, look it up, it's your job....

kaiju liang (2 posts) • 0

Since this hasn't been updated in a few years, just thought I'd confirm that HFCAMPO's post is still pretty accurate, save a few changes:

Step 1 – Get translation of current license at The Translators Association of Yunnan Province - 云南翻译工作者协会 (2 Guo Fang Road - 国防路2). Cost is now only 30RMB for the translation. MAKE SURE YOU PROVIDE A CHINESE NAME ON THE TRANSLATION.

The Online Quiz at www.shekouonline.com/drivingtest.html is helpful, but some vital info is missing, like drunk driving costs 12 points, and speeding over 50% is also 12 points ... I spent quite a few hours condensing down the questions and answers into a semi-compact supplemental study guide, if anyone wants a copy feel free to message me about it.

Step 2 – Prepare items to bring when taking the test:

1. Drivers License (front and back) and Translated Drivers License, + Copies.
2. Passport with Current Visa Page and stamp of last entry, + copies of all pages.
3. Household Registration form + copy.
4. 4 Passport Photos.
5. 60 RMB for the exam.
6. 12 RMB for the physical.
7. 10 RMB for the license.

Step 3 – Where to go:

12 Jing Kai Road 经开路12
昆明市车管所 – Kunming Shi Che Guan Suo (Kunming Vehicle Management Station)

The office hours of the Kunmnig Cheguan Suo are 9a-11:30a and 1:30p-laterish.

Took the test today and passed the second time, you can take it twice in one day for just one fee; if you don't pass in one day you'll have to come back another day and pay the RMB 60 fee again.

culture (51 posts) • 0

i just got mine and some info are updated, you need to go there to schedule an appointment before the exam, you'd better buy a menu there for 30 yuan, and you don't need to take the exam on thur only anymore, you can schedule it for any day of the week as long as it is possible.

Related forum threads

Login to post