GoKunming Forums

Covid testing, Anyone had one done in Kunming.

Geezer (1949 posts) • 0

@duke You can't get vaccinated in Cali either. The process is crap as appointments + ID + proof of residence required (utility bill). Getting an appointment is like a lottery. In my county, there are four locations doing 60 jabs an hour, and a week's worth of appointments are booked in less than an hour. Then there are side effects to the vaccine. I suffered for 10 days but some folks have no problem at all.

I tried to find info on transit passengers but no luck. Travelers from China rules are different depending on if you are a US citizen or not. Lots of restrictions if you want to enter from China.

Ricklane (37 posts) • 0

@Geezer

Three quick points.

1. Anecdotal evidence

2. Correlation is not causation
3. From reputable science journal Nature posted five days ago:

"The mRNA vaccine made by Pfizer in New York City and BioNTech in Mainz, Germany, is associated with a rate of five cases of severe allergic reaction per million doses, and the one made by Moderna in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is associated with a rate three cases per million doses. Those affected seem to be mainly women and people with a history of allergies."

Wookster (17 posts) • 0

Has anyone had a test done recently in Kunming? Same day turnaround and results in English? Alternatively, is it possible to do in Shanghai Pudong airport prior to boarding an international flight?

AlPage48 (1322 posts) • +1

I had a test done last month at Yan'an hospital on Renmin East Road.

Same day results require test in the morning.

I'm not sure of the cutoff time but probably 10:00 a.m.

Results after 3:00 p.m.

I rather doubt any hospital in Kunming is giving results in English.

Related forum threads

Login to post