@duke You can't get vaccinated in Cali either. The process is crap as appointments + ID + proof of residence required (utility bill). Getting an appointment is like a lottery. In my county, there are four locations doing 60 jabs an hour, and a week's worth of appointments are booked in less than an hour. Then there are side effects to the vaccine. I suffered for 10 days but some folks have no problem at all.
I tried to find info on transit passengers but no luck. Travelers from China rules are different depending on if you are a US citizen or not. Lots of restrictions if you want to enter from China.
Three quick points.
1. Anecdotal evidence
2. Correlation is not causation
3. From reputable science journal Nature posted five days ago:
"The mRNA vaccine made by Pfizer in New York City and BioNTech in Mainz, Germany, is associated with a rate of five cases of severe allergic reaction per million doses, and the one made by Moderna in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is associated with a rate three cases per million doses. Those affected seem to be mainly women and people with a history of allergies."
Has anyone had a test done recently in Kunming? Same day turnaround and results in English? Alternatively, is it possible to do in Shanghai Pudong airport prior to boarding an international flight?
I had a test done last month at Yan'an hospital on Renmin East Road.
Same day results require test in the morning.
I'm not sure of the cutoff time but probably 10:00 a.m.
Results after 3:00 p.m.
I rather doubt any hospital in Kunming is giving results in English.
Thanks Al, yes the language thing seems to be a stumbling block...
I was just at Yan'An Hospital today to get my COVID test.
1. They asked if I wanted the results in English or just Chinese (for domestic travel only) - so that's a nice change.
2. The test was only CNY 38. That was a shock.
3. You have your choice of oral or nasal swab (I opted for oral - that poke in the nose is really uncomfortable).
As usual - test results available same day in the late afternoon if you go early in the morning.
I started around 830am and finished around 1030am. Most of the time was playing ping pong lines:
1. Register inside (because I have a passport). THey'll give you the hospital info RFID card.
2. Walk to the COVID test counter way opposite the registration/cashier (walk walk walk walk walk). They'll give you the payment and process voucher.
3. Go back to the cashier window to pay. They'll give you the receipt.
4. Out to the line outside - it was about 50-100 people deep when I finally got outside. wait wait wait wait...walk walk walk walk...nobody respects the 1 meter social distance markers until they get close to the test booths - then a small army of nurses will order the generally patient crowd to separate according to the space markers.
5. wait wait wait wait, walk walk walk walk...then ...
WINDOW 1: They'll give you your test tube and label it with your info.
WINDOW 2: I forgot the purpose of windows 2 & 3
WINDOWS 5-x: Go get swabbed and voila...you're done until the afternoon.
Nominal Chinese language ability is required to muddle your way through the process. NOBODY speaks English. If you require ENGLISH assistance - you may want to go to the alternate testing site - Calmette Hospital (see listing on gokm).
Enjoy...your mileage may vary (YMMV).
Is there any way for foreigners to get the covid test on the health code or an app where you can check the result. I did mine at the 红会医院 （red cross hospital on qingnian lu) It seems you need a Chinese ID to see it on their wechat program. I won't have time to pick it up (or I'll have to delay travel plans) thanks.
The test doesn't show up on the health code app for foreigners, but you should be able to get a digital copy of the test, which will be accepted in most places.
@Xiefei That's what I was hoping for but how that's done i'm not sure. It seems that you need a Chinese I.D for the wechat program here you access the digital version. Fairly tedious
The last time I was in this situation, I ended up calling the customer service line at the lab. I added the guy on WeChat and he sent my report directly to me.