GoKunming Forums

GoKunming feedback...

Ishmael (462 posts) • -2

@here/now: I would be unhappy to see that happen. You've dealt with it, no point in hiding the real past (of your posts) - we're all imperfect, what else is new?

Actually I don't care about the post per se, but about the idea of appealing to a higher authority to cancel it. Slippery Slope Dept.

herenow (357 posts) • 0

@Ishmael wrote "no point in hiding the real past"

My motivation was not to hide anything in order to make myself look better or otherwise serve my own interest. Rather, the intent was to invite the potential removal of a post that at least one person found slanderous, because slander can be harmful. Athough I still don't believe that the post constituted slander, reasonable people can disagree about these sorts of things and I would rather err on the side of avoiding harm.

@Ishamael wrote: "Actually I don't care about the post per se, but about the idea of appealing to a higher authority to cancel it."

I think my phrasing in addressing myself to the moderators ("if it comes across that way", "I would be happy for the moderators to remove that post... as they see fit") shows that I meant to invite them to exercise their judgement, rather than to make an appeal.

dolphin (509 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

herenow, you seem like a good bloak. you don't like to step on people's toes. pat yourself on the back. plus, i'm sure igor has a good sense of humor.

keep serenading vera. you never know ...

{I think I need help. I talk too much}

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

@herenow - maybe I'm just too sensitive...occupational hazard (my catch-all excuse for all character flaws and defects)...

Ishmael (462 posts) • -1

gokunming: taejonwill's thread, 'summer vacation in Vietnam', of 10 years ago appears on the first page of the posts, as I write. There is no response to his innocent initial inquiry. Yet the thread has been locked.
Why?

DanTheMan (620 posts) • +2

Probably a spammer dug up the thread and posted some spam. Then admins deleted the spam, but the thread still shows as recently updated in the system, so it gets bumped to the top.

herenow (357 posts) • +2

Right, and they locked it to prevent a recurrence since travel queries like that are a spam magnet.

Ishmael (462 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

This Sturle Dagsland gig at the Contemporary Gallery on Wednesday might well be good and I may well go, but I'm always a bit disappointed (with a few exceptions, mostly concerning legality) when gokunming decides there will be no comments on an article or thread, as is the case with the article promoting them that appeared today.
My comment, which I can't make on the article itself, simply concerns the photos - ok, do whatever you guys want, but although I like a lot of rock and contemporary popular music it annoys me when performers and/or audience insist on a lot of outrageous stuff, death's heads (I'm opposed to death), skulls, facepaint, Vincent Price's grave, the Undead, whatever. I often like well-made vampire movies but the music shouldn't need all that, and as far as I'm concern it's all about the music, stupid - if that doesn't work by itself then you're just another late-adolescent clown - who are you trying to impress, and why?
But yeah ok, the Contemporary Gallery is usually and mostly about visual art, so if these guys consider that dracula-tinsel spectacle is part of their art then let them do it. I just hope the music is good and that the music has something to say.

GoKunming (162 posts) • +5

The comments on every Giveaway-style article are closed because in the past, users have put the trivia answers in the comments, thus nullifying the contest.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.