GoKunming Forums

Hospital advice needed thanks

Lisey (14 posts) • 0

I might need to take my 5 year old son to hospital tomorrow to get checked out for abdominal pain. Can anyone recommend which hospital to go to? I am a doctor myself so am ok with medical terminology and have a reasonable idea of what needs to be done but my Chinese is limited and I have also heard that a lot of hospitals won’t prescribe pain relief for kids (not sure if this is true). Have maxed out the paracetamol that I brought from home and son still in pain. Thanks

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • +1

Look at this listing, it's probably your best choice, Grace Medical Services (formerly Kunming International Clinic)

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

YMCI-Calmette Hospital has a pediatrics unit that is partnered with Sanford USA.

As he's only 5yo - you MAY want to visit a TCM physician as China and Asia in general have a LOT of bugs which traditional western meds won't work on.

YMCI Calmette is located HERE on gokm's website listings.


Best wishes.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

If you decide on the Sanford Clinic at Calmette and take the Metro, you can go out exit B. The hospital is right on that corner.
The Sanford clinic is in building A.
Not sure if you need to register for Sanford at the main registration first though.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

2nd Yuangtongsi recommendation. But it may be where you are. Sanford is far north and Grace is far south. At Grace you as a western doctor can communicate easily with another western speaking doctor.


Lisey (14 posts) • 0

thank you for all your help. I wanted to ask - does anybody know if Calmette is open 24 hours? I ended up taking my son to the Red Cross Hospital today and he got better, but now this evening he is in pain again!

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +1

Emergency at Calmette is 24 hours, but not the clinics.
You pay extra for emergency services.

Related forum threads

Login to post