GoKunming Forums

Advice for Visa application in Hong Kong

Elephall (3 posts) • 0

I am heading to Hong Kong to change my tourist visa to a student visa and was hoping for some advice. I've heard using an agent is a good idea - especially since my Mandarin isn't up to scratch. Anyone had experience with this recently? Feel free to pass on any other thoughts or suggestions for getting there and accomodation. Thanks.

AlPage48 (1355 posts) • +3

The consulate in Hong Kong will have people who speak English so that should not be a problem as long as all your paperwork is in order.

Adrian (14 posts) • +1

I've had a friend who used Forever Bright Trading Limited and was happy with their service: www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk

I'm unaware of their service fee, but it's unlikely to be cheap. Nothing in Hong Kong is.

Alien (3819 posts) • +1

Forever Bright works well. Don't worry about not speaking Mandarin in Hong Kong, or having a problem using English. You won't need Cantonese either.
Cheap accommodation Chungking Mansions Tsim Sha Tsui.
You can avoid the service fee by going directly to the visa office and doing it yourself, it's not that hard. You won't need to go to a consulate for anything.
This method worked well for me in 2008, 2009 & 2010 - since then I havenn't been a student, but I doubt anything has changed.

misfit (113 posts) • +1

forever bright still works very well, contact them in advance by wechat and ask them all the details about your application, they are extremely informed and connected.
Prices are not cheap for sure, especially if you ask for urgent delivery.
About accommodation I would skip the dirty chunking mansion,one of the filthiest and dodgiest accommodation in south east Asia, but that's just my personal taste.

malcolm (2 posts) • +1

Just use forever bright, its not expensive as you have to pay for a visa regardless>

just don't choose same day service.

Related forum threads

Login to post