GoKunming Forums

rating employers

tampopo (9 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

how can we know if there is high turnover at an employer, especially for people who are not in kunming?

some of us are not all that social and do not mix with many laoweis so such information is not readily available.

thanks. =))

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

1st impressions last ;o)
Yours has got to be the worst 1st entry I've seen on this forum lol

Follow previous advice, if a companies permanently looking then they must be going through a few employees.

Subpoint, you must be really new to this China scene if you're spelling laowai wrong lol

chini (4 posts) • -5

but how can we know if they are permanently looking?

it certainly has been a horrible and unfriendly entry. there seem to be self-appointed gatekeepers here which turns off many people from posting on this site.

it'd be great of some of you who have

valuable experiences would share them since they could be quite informative to many, many people. =))

dolphin (509 posts) • +1

The thread is perfectly valid. As Michael pointed out, there is a site called glassdoor that is specifically set up for employees to post reviews of their current or former employers. Some post positive reviews and others very harsh reviews.

Also, eslcafe dot com is another site which has many such threads. This is how teachers communicate about potentially bad employers. Of course, the employees often have grudges etc.... and their criticisms are not always objective, but sites like glassdoor have 5 star rating systems based on multiple reviews, pretty much like restaurant reviews.

I would post this at Dave's ESL Cafe.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

@tampopo @chini

Surely there can't be two people on here whose computers don't have a caps lock?

At least its nice that you agree with yourself.

If you are applying for jobs I wouldn't bother sending a CV to the KGB.

tampopo (9 posts) • -4

part i:

eslcafe, etc... are great for the bigger picture of esl and all but this is a local only thread, designed to serve a focused purpose.

anyway, if nobody adds any meaningful content to it soon, i wish the thread could be deleted.

tampopo (9 posts) • -8

part ii:

what is it with these horrific trolls? were they raised by people not wise enough to tell them to mind their own business? why do they think they're thoughts are more valid than others? they come across as bored, petty, jaded, frustrated, and cynical people with

little to do in their free time other than spam other peoples' threads.

maybe their overinflated and fragile egos need padding and, since they get little validation in the world of genuine human contact, they overcompensate by fancying themselves as super clever by trolling and displaying their cynical, ugly egos. they come off as trite and dull and show a distinct lack of self-awareness.

basically, when some people leave their own countries for too long and then cannot find a way to build a dynamic and meaningful life in their new place of residence, they may resort to desperate measures like spending too much of their time online.

my unsolicited advice to you: find some friends or some hobbies or seek some professional help if your cases are extreme. and, please, go ahead and attack me all you want but leave other people alone!

the english-speaking people i know in k'ming, unlike me, are too intelligent to engage in moronic banter. they get better than i do that when you play with swine, you wind up mired in their mud.

Scottish guy (30 posts) • 0

What's wrong about discussing Kunming based employers on a Kunming based forum?

It's a good idea because there is almost no information about Kunming training schools anywhere else. Also, nowadays you can't just come to China and have a look around. The new visa policies mean that there is a lot of admin to be done in your home country prior to coming here. Which means any prior knowledge, no matter how biased, is better than none.

Related forum threads

Login to post