GoKunming Forums

VPN:s still working?

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

Funnily enough as posting about it I got this in the mail so they are definitely having trouble in China.

Customers in China may be having trouble connecting to ExpressVPN. We are aware of the issue and are working to address these blocks.

In the meantime, please try these steps to connect to your VPN:

1. Visit ExpressVPN's China status page: www.express-vpn-links.com/[...]

2. Follow the instructions on the page to:

- Update your app

- Set your protocol to “Automatic”

- Connect to the optimal VPN server locations for users in China as described in the page above

3. Check the China status page over the next few days for further updates.

We are sorry these VPN connectivity issues may have kept you from accessing the internet normally. Please know our engineers are working hard to get you connected again.

Our Support Team is keeping the China status page updated with all the latest information.

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • +1

Updated again!

Windows / v6.8.3:

www.download-express-apps.net/[...]

Mac / v6.7.10:

-------------

@red

I believe ExpressVPN updated the iOS app store.

Those running Android, here's the latest apk (v6.8.1.6374):

WeTransfer link (in case above-link is denied access by the time you read this):

wetransfer.com/[...]

Again, protocol needs to be set to "Automatic." Tokyo1 is quite fast.

Perhaps the fastest ping/dl/ul rates are on China Telecom, compared to CM or CU providers.

This is why ExpressVPN is one of the most reliable services for China, also one of the most expensive. Their engineers are highly responsive in the round the clock arms race.

herenow (357 posts) • +1

I have been using astrell with an i instead of an e for years, mostly on Windows. I have had virtually no downtime, including on special national occasions and when VPN crackdowns are in the news.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • +1

seem to remember a couple years ago, apple users kept publishing exact routes and chinese just kept taking them down. vpn provider gave up on apple for a few days as users 'too stupid'

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

@Bilingual Cheers, my IPhone never has much of a problem due to auto updating but my windows laptop is permanently in need of these links :o)

Working again...

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

Connections from my phone stopped working today - I speculate that they are doing trial run over Mid-Autumn holiday for the real thing coming up in couple of weeks.

charlottelawn (1 post) • 0

@JanJal My APKNite company has a user going to China for a few days.

As this is a one-off so we don't' really want to spring for a year contract if we don't have to.

Ideally needs to also cover mobile if possible.

Just looking for alternatives to Express, Nord, Vpr.

Which one are you using?

Related forum threads

Login to post