GoKunming Forums

Going rate for tutoring

Sheena (13 posts) • 0

50-90 rmb.. others can give u more than that.. others can also provide u with travel allowance

TheSwedishGuy (64 posts) • 0

At least 100 RMB if you are a native speaker or close to one. I take 150 RMB per hour for a 1 on 1. I take 250 for a class.

Tiger (66 posts) • 0

Mmm. RMB250 per hour at 15 hours per week = RMB15,000 per month. I guess, for Mary's sake, something needs to be put into perspective.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

These sort of rates amount to a rip-off - even if you are a genuine teacher and not just an opportunist on the make.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

The lowest should be around 80 yuan. It's not easy to find a native english speaker/teacher. If it was then the school would pay what they pay chinese teachers.

TheSwedishGuy (64 posts) • 0

Hehe, if you rent a place and open your own classes, 15000 RMB per month is not that hard actually :) But yeah, working for a language school in Kunming I guess the going rate for a class is about 100-150 RMB per hour, sometimes depending on the amount of students in class.

Just know though that it's illegal to do business without permits, visas and the right "guanxi"

kingtao (4 posts) • 0

Excuse me, is there anybody can do me a favor? I am a college student in English department at one of universities in BeiJing. I will return to KunMing in two months, and I want to find a part time job just as you guys are doing now. Can you help me to find a job just like a English tutor or give me some information?
Thank you very much.

teachingjobs (1 post) • 0

I am looking for a home school tutor and am willing to pay 200rmb per hour. Is it possible to find one in Kunming who is free for the follwing times and can deliver the american curriculum grade 6 maths and english:

Summer : Mon,Wed, and Fri. mornings 8:30 - 11:00 a.m. (am flexible)
Fall/Winter Mon, and Wed. evenings 6:30 - 8:30 (1 year contract - 200rmb per hour)

kingtao (4 posts) • 0

Dear teachingjobs,

I was wondering that what kind of teacher you need. native speaker or Chinese who has advanced English skill? I am a colledge student currently studying English at BeiJing International Studies University. It is one of the best foreign- language- studiy universities in China. I have been tutoring English in Beijing for a year and have much experience. I will be back to KunMing at the end of June, and available for the time you require. If there is any chance for me to work at your school, please contack me or send me an E-mail. My mobilephone number is 13260216779 and E-mail address is www.justinkent@163.com

yours sincerely,

Justin

Related forum threads

Login to post