GoKunming Forums

Driver License Test

EncryptedEncrypted (114 posts) • 0

Hi there, I've been reading the questions for the exam this week and I have a few questions.

- The last part of the book talks about "Test questions exclusively for buses", "...exclusively for trucks" and "...exclusively for self-propelled wheeled machinery". Do we need to study those? are they in the exam?

- All the questions are "A, B, C, D" or also "right or wrong"?

- If you fail, can you see what questions you did wrong?

- Are there a lot of questions about mechanics?

- If you fail 2 times the same day, do you have to wait 1 month to try again? (it's what I've been told but not sure).

- When you are doing the exam, how many people are doing it with you (more or less)?

Thanks for helping!
I'll probably go next week to pass it.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

In my experience...

...no questions about trucks, buses etc.
...about 60% of questions are "A, B, C, D", the others are "right or wrong"
...you don't see what questions you got wrong
...about 3-4 questions about mechanics
...about 50-60 people take the exam at the same time (on seperate computers, which regularly crash!)

I don't know how long you have to wait if you fail twice. Thankfully I passed second time!

Good luck!

I forgot to ask how much time do I have to do the exam. Do I need to hurry or can I take the time to read everything carefully?

About the computers crashing... does it make you start the test again or something like that???

"Ocean", thanks for your quick reply!

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

It's a limited time (45 mins? I forget how long exactly), but plenty. You only get one question at a time, though there is the chance to go back to earlier questions at the end (if you can remember their number). No paper or pen allowed.

They eventually managed to get the computers to return to the question where they crashed with scores/answers intact when I was there. It happened 2-3 times though and was disconcerting at first! Maybe they'll have sorted this by now - I took the test 3-4 months ago.

Thanks "Ocean". I'll go this thursday for the exam.

Adress to the "The translators association" where you can have your driving license translated with the official stamp:

国防路2 (guofanglu)
Tel: 4145503 or 4196335
e-mail: ynta4196@126.com

I went today. In 20 minutes it's done. They give you a "word" paper with everything written in chinese.

For english people it costs 40RMB. For me, 50RMB. Why? because my driving license is written in spanish. I guess they have to work harder to translate from spanish.

The place is easy to find. in 国防路, is just near the intersection with 金碧路 jinbilu, in front of a school. On the wall you will see a white vertical board with chinese written on it 云南翻译工作者协会. Once inside, you have to walk a few meters in a small street.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

The study book file seems to have been removed from Hotfile.com due to the strictly enforced Chinese laws on copyright infringements (or whatever). I lost mine when my computer crashed badly last month. Does anyone have a copy on their hard drives or a link to another place it can be downloaded? I am planning to take the test next week. Thanks.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I have a copy, please PM me your email address and I will send you a copy.

The old one may have been taken down as there have been recent changes in driving regs and content.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Danmairen
Nope - the uploader is a major cheapskate and used the FREE hotfile - so it's only good for 10 downloads, then the link self destructs.

Related forum threads

Login to post