GoKunming Forums

Driver License Test

shamolihua (13 posts) • 0

or you might be able to get a chinese DL without having one in the country of origin, but I think this would mean to also have to pass the actual "driving skills" test in china and maybe even go through some lessons. the best thing to do is go to the local traffic police and ask about the latest rules, as they tend to change with the weather in china...

tabilia (10 posts) • 0

Has anybody information about the changes in 2013? I'd like to do the test this week and want to prepare for it.
I've only the old questions from last year, but I heard they changed.
Does anybody know more or has done the test this year?

HollyB (7 posts) • 0

Went yesterday (31st Jan) to register for the test. All the necessary paperwork is the same, fees are the same. We asked if it was possible to download/buy an English study manual, but were told to simply do a search for the English version online. We were at the office around 4.45pm though, so maybe everyone was ready to knock off work? Lovely and convenient time though, we were the only ones around...that's IF you don't mind a time challenge ;)

We're going to use the guide that RiSiG sUn provided above...how much can the rules possibly change?

tabilia (10 posts) • 0

Hi HollyB,

I wrote about my experiences and the new rules in another thread in this board called "chinese driver's license".
I hope this helps you. Definitly look at the new point-system. I had several questions with that.

cerf-volant (5 posts) • 0

Hi,

Is it still possible, in Kunming, to get a Chinese driving licence while having only a 60 day tourist visa ? In Chengdu a 90 day visa is required.
Many thanks to whoever could provide an accurate and prompt answer.
BTW, nearly all the questions/answers of the new 2013 driving test are, in good enough English available on the web at
www.chinese-driving-test.com

Related forum threads

Login to post