GoKunming Forums

Many Condo complexes (小区) are giving Covid testing

fabey (124 posts) • 0

48-hour for air and rail should be correct, unless rules have changed. Check again days prior to flight.

Several Kunming hospitals i know of have been (and still) requiring covid tests for a while now. It's a hassle for older patients with disability, mobility, and/or health issues requiring frequent medical visits... but that extra burden may also protect these more vulnerable seniors.

As of Monday, Dali has also lifted testing requirements for entering attractions what not as the gov fine tune the policymaking balancing act of safeguarding lives and the health of the local economy.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

How do you spell chaos?

Getting a covid test at Yan'an Hospital used to be a bit confusing, even for Chinese people, because the silly machines at the hospital were not easy to navigate.

A few weeks ago we had to get another test and they had moved the testing location outside the hospital (over beside Walmart). The process involved scanning a code on the wall to pay, show your health code and have then scan it to get your info.

The entire process including time in line took little more than a minute.

I could navigate that on my own even though I can't speak a word of Chinese.

Because tests are no longer needed for bus and subway the nearest community testing site has been shut down.

Today we went again to Yan'an.

We were told an appointment is needed because they are so busy now (I saw one person get a test).

Nurse at the hospital gate directed us to a counter for appointment.

Nurse at the counter said no appointment needed.

Nurse at the testing site said appointment needed.

Back to the hospital and got directed to the inpatient Window.

Finally we had to wait for a supervisor to come and approve an appointment for me - for tomorrow (my flight is on Wednesday).

Chinese citizens can make appointment online using their Chinese id, but the system is not setup for foreign ids.

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

We still have community testing site operating, but the time to get samples tested and reported on health app has increased a lot in recent days. Used to get it in <8h, now lucky if 24h.

As of Friday, PSB Entry & Exit was requiring 24h test result to enter the building.

fabey (124 posts) • 0

I wonder if the longer turnaround wait has anything to do with the recent crackdown on the numerous third party testing companies in Kunming; investigated for giving out mass negative test results without conducting proper lab work for both the individual and batches.

Well this is interesting:
"In recent days, many hospitals in various provincial-level regions including Anhui, Guangdong, Guangxi, Sichuan, YUNNAN and

Tianjin, have announced that their nucleic acid testing sites will no longer be open to the public in order to reduce the risk of cross-contamination within the hospitals."
I wonder who it was announced to?
mp.weixin.qq.com/s/HaEgAEdnSlc-q8E2_RH4Dg

fabey (124 posts) • 0

Looks like Kunming residents donning red health codes won't be hauled away to quarantine centers in the near future. They are to be self-isolated and monitored in the comfort of their own homes without being harassed by da bai.

This shift may also be anticipation of the inevitable surge following the softening of curbs. Perhaps to shore up and alleviate the potential heavy strain on healthcare resources if in fact the floodgate opens abruptly.

Prices of cold meds from pharmacies (local and online) have already increased dramatically as worried people have been stockpiling them.

I'm furious!
I had a flight booked for today.

Went for covid test yesterday, but after 18 hours had no response from Yan'an hospital.

My wife and I made the trip into the city to find out what's going on.

They said they did one of the 10 swabs in 1 test and this time one of them was positive.

I've had to cancel my trip to Toronto (via Bangkok and Vancouver) and we'll be in quarantine by later today.
After more than 24 hours they still have not published the test results.

fabey (124 posts) • 0

I'm sorry to hear this for you and wifey. Truly bad luck. Please keep us updated.

"China's national health authority said on Wednesday that asymptomatic COVID-19 cases and people with mild symptoms can quarantine at home"

I'm also hearing that even health code requirements are to lifted in several cities within Yunnan... to be effective immediately.

Hopefully the broad loosening of restrictions will also apply to close contacts of positive cases, which may bode well for your unfortunate situation if implemented locally at a timely manner.

As a reminder, in the event of covid-related reasons, full refunds for air (and accommodation) bookings made in the Mainland are assured by the government.

fabey (124 posts) • 0

As per NHC's announcement earlier today,

"close contacts of cases can isolate at home for five days or choose to go to a centralized quarantine location."

Perhaps you can bring this up at the quarantine center.

Related forum threads

Login to post