GoKunming Forums

Many Condo complexes (小区) are giving Covid testing

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

News from a pilot friend at China Eastern:
"Latest news, Kunming Airport has just canceled the 48h covid test requirement."

mp.weixin.qq.com/s/2HbQI43Tx3VQiUwjfthGdQ

It's in Chinese, but here's the translation (courtesy of my browser)
"Kunming Airport: From now on, the negative nucleic acid test certificate, health code, and itinerary card will be cancelled, and the "arrival inspection" will be cancelled!
According to the relevant regulations of the joint prevention and control mechanism of the State Council, starting from today, Kunming Airport will cancel the inspection of negative nucleic acid certificates, health codes, and itinerary cards of inbound and outbound passengers, and inbound passengers will no longer undergo nucleic acid testing on arrival.

Reminder : Please pay close attention to the relevant epidemic prevention policies of the destination city so as not to delay your itinerary."

livinginchina (232 posts) • 0

People are rejoicing! Let freedom ring! They are removing the 'scan health code' stickers in the airports and businesses. Douyin (tictock) has many videos of this happening. I'm so glad after 3 years. Good move China. Let it be the China before the pandemic.

CaeruleusCaeruleus (51 posts) • 0

I just drove from Banna to Kunming. No issue whatsoever. Not a single person asked me for a health code of any sort where I am used to getting asked several times on the same stretch of road.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

Well this might as well be the last post on this forum topic because there are no longer mass testings. All the testing sites I know have closed down.

I had my last test on Sunday thus three days ago and still not have received the result. Funny thing is that was the first test I actually had to pay for and my first individual test. As well the only one that might have been positive. I probably will never know.

Many people reporting flu like symptoms and some coming up with Covid positive test results from home rapid tests. Looks like Omicron is spreading freely through Kunming.

Anyway, the days of mass and combined testing are over.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

@Lemon
You may never get those test results.

I was tested on the 6th for a flight on the 7th.

Never got results, but the hospital told me I was in one of those groups where somebody was positive.

I've never found out and never got any other response.

Related forum threads

Login to post