GoKunming Forums

3 day negative covid test for air travel

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Anyone have information or experienece in getting a covid 19 test for international air travel?

From what I can tell, I need a 3 day before departure test that the airline will accept and english translated version of results.

Info on where to get the test, how long it takes to get results, and if they provide an english version would be appreciated.

I don't really want to travel right now, but I might have too.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +1

First thing is to find out what type of test the destination country would accept.

Some (like Canada) will not accept a test with the throat swab and insist on nasal swab (it has a long technical name).
I had a test done at Yan'an hospital - nasal swab.

Done before 10:00 a.m. is available by 3:00 p.m.
Test results were 100% Chinese.

rejected_goods (349 posts) • +1

a rt-pcr naso-oropharynx certificate is the gold standard for international travel, just in case your flight is delayed or diverted. it can not help you if your flight is cancelled, tough. :-)

egg-- (4 posts) • +1

Was tested at Richland hospital 云南瑞奇德医院 Nov last year. They provided English documents (fit for travel medical document and PCR test) and filled out whatever forms that were required to enter the destination country (in my case Denmark).

Got the test done Tuesday before lunch and picked up the results Wednesday morning on the way to the airport.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +1

It looks like rules are changing and I may be on my way out quickly. Did Richland require an appointment for test?

What was the fee?

egg-- (4 posts) • +1

No appointment needed.

Don't have the receipts with me now, and can't remember how much the fee was. But I'd guess around 200 kuai?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Thanks for all the replies and info.

I forgot to say in my original post I am looking to fly back to the USA.

But all this info even if not about my country is very useful.

Thanks!

duke is me (64 posts) • +1

I paid 120 under a tent somewhere; same day result, in Chinese..
Thing about it was, from KM to Guangzhou to Los Angeles to Istanbul, not once was I asked to show test results or medical documents..
Not until entering the EU zone after Istanbul was it checked..
This was in April..

Related forum threads

Login to post