GoKunming Forums

Running Trails in Kunming

Cahzriel (26 posts) • 0

So, I know of following the Pan Long River up north to the waterfall park, Hai Geng Park by Dian Chi, and all the obvious stuff around Green Lake and the various university campuses and tracks around 121 street.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? Are there other good places to run in Kunming in the actual city? I know there are trails outside of town but I don't have the time to make regular visits to the mountains.

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • +1

Piggyback off your above-mentioned Pan Long River/Green Lake proximity, Kunming Zoo opens early in the morning and offers elevation nuances without the normal traffic. Annual zoo pass costs only ~100rmb for that quiet & spacious morning run privilege.

My share for a fellow runner..

"Running with Mindfulness" (audiobook) for your running/listening pleasures:

we.tl/esRFyCNNVH

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Follow the Panlong south of 2nd ring and train station. Not as nice as going North but similiar. There is metro to Xishan now, so could try there also.

Cahzriel (26 posts) • 0

Running in the zoo - interesting idea! I've been here for about three years and still haven't gotten around to checking it out.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • +1

I've only ever walked the PanLong River south previously so, spurred on by talk here of going north, I took my son on a long walk today from BaiYun Road to LinYu Road along the river. It's really nice and gets more pleasant the further north you get. The east side of the river is a little better than the west overall. We wanted to get to the Waterfall Park, but it is quite a long trek so we took the subway and bus from LinYu. Amazingly we saw about a dozen people swimming in the PanLong River. Hope they took their jabs beforehand!

Related forum threads

Login to post