GoKunming Forums

Where to find children’s books & games in English,

KarenC (2 posts) • 0

I am wondering if anyone knows where to get childrens story books in English and also would like to find some English board games. Im new here so if theres a website I can order them from also, please let me know.
Thanks

dolphin (509 posts) • -1

Click on "Listings" at the top and type "library" in the search bar. Try contacting the libraries to see if they have children's books in English.

Try amazon.cn to purchase books or games.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Xin Hua Bookstore have some games, books or flashcards. There is one on Xiao Xi Men and one in the North Bei Chen. You can also try Taobao if you have the name of what you are looking for.

michael2015 (784 posts) • +1

I use:

1. taobao, tmall, and jd.com
Generally requires search & navigation in 中文, but occasionally English searches work - but then, you also need to know how to buy things on taobao et al and pay for things using your linked bank account, WeChat, alipay, etc.

2. amazon.cn
You may change default menus & content to English. Just search for the word "English".

Lanajot (61 posts) • 0

The Yunnan Library close to the Green Lake has an English section on the 5th floor. They have great books for children. We take our son there once a month. You have to pay a deposit before taking out books and you might need your passport, proof of address, etc.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

There was a book exchange in Kunming, but I am not sure if that is still operating.
If you are new to China, you may be shocked at the price of imported books. A few years ago I know that there were pirated (photocopied) books for sale online, at a fraction of the import price.

Related forum threads

Login to post