GoKunming Forums

kunming-jinghong (xishuangbanna) bus

_shara_ (98 posts) • 0

Hi all,

could someone tell me / confirm that the bus from Kunming to Xishuangbanna leaves from the South bus station and that I can get there by catching the subway to the south subway station?

Also wondering if I will be able to buy a ticket on the day (i.e. tomorrow) Thanks very much!! (I've been searching on the internet for a couple hours and still not 100% sure).

Normally I would plan earlier but just found out I need to go tomorrow.

coastalfire (28 posts) • 0

I'd like to revive this thread... I'd like to find out any information I can about taking the bus to/from Jinghong -- especially how much it costs and how long it takes. And any other relevant information! Also, is it possible to buy bus tickets online??

satii (82 posts) • +2

Yes, on Qunar. Per your 景洪市告庄西双景 request:

198rmb from km train station.

Buses depart every hour from 8:30 to 10:30.

238rmb from 11:30 to 21:30 (no tickets from 13:30 - 20:30)

Last departure at 22:30 for 198rmb.

7 hour travel time.

Fyi, Qunar(去哪儿) is the best travel ticket buying hub for air, land, and sea in the Mainland, as well as cheapest hotel booking platform globally. Superior prices compared to booking vendors displayed by Tripadvisor. But particularly cheap for airfares.

Qunar is a gem that shows the best deals by all vendors in user-friendly interface. Much cheaper than Ctrip (aka trip.com) despite their monopolizing merger.

The_Dude (17 posts) • +1

There is also a bus leaving every 30 mins

from kunming south coach station. Prices range 198-260 depending on the time and quality of bus.

You can buy tickets online on qunar or if your Chinese is limited, ctrip. Not sure about the length of the journey as the road is constantly being upgraded, 3 years ago it was around 7 hours

satii (82 posts) • 0

For me yes. Qunar asks for bank card verification, which also binds to your real identity. 2nd optional authentication.

jj123 (99 posts) • 0

@duke,

Recently drove there and back, on the way, two checkpoints, on the way back, three, and one Drug Enforcement check.
Everytime I had to stop and give all the relevant covid info, passport, exit stamp, etc.

Related forum threads

Login to post