GoKunming Forums

Civilized Kunming, What will you miss?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I suspect the inspections have happened and Civilized Kunming has peaked. So what are you going to miss about a more civil Kunming? What do you think will stick around as a result of the campaign? What won't you miss about the whole affair? What are you looking forward to things returning to?

debaser (647 posts) • 0

I'll miss the less cluttered roads and sidewalks. ... but I have a feeling that this initiative might have a way to run yet.

nnoble (889 posts) • +2

Hoping for a return to a cityscape with fewer red-armbands and dog whistles; a return to civilisation.

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

The roads seem to be getting better everyday so I doubt we've hit a peak with them though. Just yesterday crossing the road, I had four or five cars going out of their way to let me cross lol.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I think Kunming deserves a pass now. I think the wenming has been upgraded to a nice level, though I'll admit, I don't like all aspects of a more civilized Kunming, such as all that new smelly painted incovenient two foot tall white steel road fencing.

I am happy that some fruit truck vendors are back out now, though still only at night.

Going to miss the nice more cautious and tepid behavior that most cars, buses, bikes, ebikes, and pedestrians are displaying now. It makes riding feel much safer now. I wish this nice road culture would stay, but really doubt it. Probably have a few months before people start reverting to the I'm bigger or crazier and get out of my way or get crushed culture we used to have, so going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Don't ride the bus much, so has behavior on the bus improved? (not that it was ever that bad). Are people just giving up seats to seniors and children as soon as they can?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Are people going to miss the nice new cleaned up wet markets? Or are you looking forward to the return of the old more chaotic grubby wet markets?

Related forum threads

Login to post