GoKunming Forums

Western-Trained, Profession Dentists in Kunming

Stratocaster (161 posts) • 0

I find even the "best" dentist here in LiJiang to be somewhat unprofessional hacks. I need a professional, Western-trained, English-speaking dentist of the quality we have in the West. My 7-year-old daughter has an infection and may need a root canal. Can someone please recommend a serious pediatric dentist in Kunming? (Please include phone number or website)

GeogramattGeogramatt (203 posts) • -1

I asked this same question when I moved to Kunming. For 6 years I went to Huiyang dentist. Then I got back to the US and the dentist there told me I had gum disease, caused by the my previous dentist not doing a thorough enough cleaning. Also, the fillings I had put in at Huiyang had to be removed and redone.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +1

I guess it depends on exactly which dentist you get.
My first trip to Huiying involved an emergency root canal. When I got back to Canada I had the work checked by my dentist there (a teacher at the U of Toronto dental college) and she pronounced the work to be excellent.
That work had been done by doctor Li Yang, who had additional training in England.

kiara (39 posts) • 0

I am very happy with Lanchie Dental Clinic in Beichen. Most dentists speak good English and have been trained abroad. www.gokunming.com/[...] same standards (and prices, more or less) as back in my home country.

Alien (3819 posts) • -1

'Same standards' may be a bit difficult to describe, but 'same prices' might be clarified, as prices vary a lot in different countries - how much did you pay for what?

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +1

I have insurance in Canada through my pension plan. It's still cheaper to have the work done here.

kiara (39 posts) • +1

@Alien with 'same standards' I mean service, cleanliness, equipment, tools, communication with the dentists etc. were similar to what I have experienced in Europe. I haven't kept the bills but I remember thinking it was more or less as expensive as in Europe. Certainly not cheap. I have been to Huiying before, I thought it was ok for a teeth clean, but I wouldn't go back.

vicar (817 posts) • 0

As far as I know Napolean, dentists in the UK are all private now. NHS only do emergencies. Probably why you see a lot of scabby mouths around these days.

Related forum threads

Login to post