GoKunming Forums

Moving to Kunming

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I love the tropics and I dont mind the heat. Heat over cold any day of the week for me. Yes, Nanning is hot like Vietnam or Cambodia in the summer. I love to sweat and have my pores open like sauna every day.

Girls are thin and wear light clothes because of the heat. The most sensual women I ever met in China are in Nanning, weather plays a big factor. Nanning is a little smaller than Kunming. 10 years ago, Nanning was more civilized than Kunming was. Havent been back in a long time so can't speak about the present.

Nanning will have a fast speed train to Guangzhou before Kunming does so that is a plus. The high speed train is presently up to Hunan right now so GZ to Hunan is just 3 hours if I remember correctly.

Liuzhou is the halfway point between Nanning and Guilin. I did not like it because it is relatively small place but you are directly between 2 good places. I woud never live in Guilin because I came to China to get away from nasty foreigners, this is why I like Kunming because I dont have to see them often.

When I have seen all of Yunnan I would certainly return to Nanning to live there for a few years. I would never ruin hot humid weather with a wasteful thing like air conditioning. Drop a seed anyhwhere and it will grow because God waters all plants on a daily basis. Great place to be a gentleman farmer.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

'pretty shocking things about their education system.'

like what?

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

'I love to sweat and have my pores open like sauna every day.'

you hardly ever sweat in kunming. sweating from time to time is healthy.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

Healthy, maybe. Attractive, no. I like warm weather (25-35) as long as the humidity isn't too high. A nice warm dry day is nice, providing you don't need to do any running about!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Probably you do sweat in Kunming, but the dry air sucks all the moisture off of you skin before you get a chance to feel wet.

jimjackson2 (10 posts) • 0

I visited Beijing once on a tourist trip many years ago, and I really liked it. I thought the food was excellent. I know Kunming is different, but so many complaints. Wow. I will take a trip next month to Kunming and check it out for myself. Any suggestions on what to see? I do not want to hang out at Western bars and restaurants. I want to see and do real Chinese things. Any advice is appreciated.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.