GoKunming Forums

Moving to Kunming

jimjackson2 (10 posts) • 0

I am moving to Kunming soon. I think it sounds like a great place. What are some of the great things about Kunming and China? I live in the US, and I cannot wait to get to China!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Pollution, fake goods, spitting, diarrhea, people pushing and shoving to get on the buses, etc. etc.

Welcome to China! Ha.Ha.

Why are you all being jerks? I want to know about Kunming. Are there other forums like this where I can ask?

maemae8 (17 posts) • 0

Haha, poor you. Actually, compared to Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Kunming 's weather is pretty nice, I myself moved from Guangzhou so I know how bad Guangzhou is. I have never been to the US so I can hardly tell you the differences between the two countries. However, I've been staying here for more than 3 years, I Love the city so far. It really depends on what you are looking for.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Oh, I forgot childern pissing and shitting on the streets. Vendors charging the 'laowai' rates. More to be added soon.

Seriously though jimjackson2. Do a search. This has been answered so many times.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Jim: Kunming, like most of China, is developing rapidly, and there are always problems with this. However, the climate is excellent, the air is not nearly as polluted as most Chinese cities and many other cities around the world (I wish it wasn't, and I remember how clean it was 11 years ago, but it doesn't bother me as much as it does for some others on here), and the province of Yunnan has many really beautiful areas and a great variety of them, from the edges of the Tibetan Plateau down to the jungles of Southeast Asia. I could go on, but this is, to my taste, by far the best city of any size to live in in China, which is why I've been here so long.

So I suggest you not just think: China! but take a close look through reading and other sources - China is huge, and it will take you more than a lifetime to experience it.

Thank you Alien. As for the rest of you, why the heck are you there if you hate it so much?

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

sorry Jim, the foreigners in Kunming are mostly twats who think they are somehow really cool and alternative because they live in Kunming. The city has pretty good weather most of the time, and is quite well positioned for visiting a variety of nice scenery about a days travel away. It's next to a big dirty lake and about 90mins away a big clean lake. Other than that it has little going for it - it may have once been interesting and charming, but not now.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.