GoKunming Forums

Cost of living in Kunming 2015

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

I'm understanding tea a bit more clearly now. Thanks.

_shara_ (98 posts) • 0

hehe, thanks guys,

thanks all!!! useful info, yes I think sharing would be preferable. If I really couldn't find one I would rent an apartment and maybe try to sublet, 1600 would be quite expensive if I'm not working.

China is certainly a good place to buy tea!! :)

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

I have a family of 3, and we live very comfortably on about 6000RMB a month, it all depends on your lifestyle I guess. If you are going to go out a lot, eat out a lot (especially western food), and go to bars then it will get expensive.

So a student with a modest lifestyle, I would imagine could live off 2000-2500RMB a month.

The biggest factor will be your rent, and where you decide to rent. It is way cheaper in the north of the city, compared to somewhere close to down-town. We rent a 4 bedroom apartment for about 2100/month, for the same price you may only get a shitty studio apartment down-town.

So it depends on whether you want to rent for higher and spend less time travelling to school, or spend way less on rent but spend longer travelling to school.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I'll take Mandrake's word for it as I don't know the north, but my single-bedroom flat (with living room, kitchen, bathroom with squat toilet and short bathtub/shower and a kind of useful but indescribable 'nother room with windows) is 800rmb a month and about 45 minutes on foot from Wenlinjie, near the original campuses of the Minorities University, Yunnan U and the Normal U. Plenty of buses.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Just as a side note, all Twinings and Lipton Western teas at Metro are currently on sale until the 15th.

Caution: they all contain Asian tea leaves.

Related forum threads

Login to post