GoKunming Forums

Kunming FRAUD

EricLove (9 posts) • +1

Hello. I also suffered fraud under a similar scheme in Kunming. Our company was offered to design villas. I will not go into details, the story, except for the details - is repeated in one to one. I photographed two of them. The first - with glasses - he called himself Сai Fu Lin. The second - I do not remember the name - it's just a driver. Links are safe (unlike these scammers :))). Look at them - have these people met you? Also for this service - you can post photos of their scam. Good luck to everyone and peace of mind!

images.guru/i/pi7f
images.guru/i/pePo
images.guru/i/pnoY
images.guru/i/ppCE
images.guru/i/pTnl

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • -2

You've got their pictures. Go to the cops. Simple. What's the point of putting their pictures on GoKunming?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +1

I agree. Aren't they pushing that new campaign to root out these people? Go to the police and report them.

petetheripper (6 posts) • 0

Very similar to the scam I reported on this thread many years back - and it's still the same, slightly 'different people, companies and emails - all genuine, but ripped off. I still getting emails from other identical scams with the same paperwork, brief etc.

Encouraged by the hotel manager where I stayed in Kunming, I reported it to the police who were very interested and spent many hours taking details, photos I took of the 2 men, registration plate of the rental car and even the scam rental office boardroom where we had the scam meeting and signed the contract - all after having visited the site!

The men encouraged the photos as we signed the docs....!

Yet all they got for their efforts were 4 cartons (out of 20!) of high-quality cigarettes they asked me to buy as 'gifts for the officials' (admittedly I had retained the other cigarettes I bought until a second meeting was supposed to be organised. But after that, they did not contact me, I suspect they knew I had deep suspicions.

It is understandable how so many others are getting caught the same way, but we've seen enough scams to pick the signals.
I'm not sure what they get from these scams if they're followed through - other than cigarettes, but they obviously have their costs too - rental car, rental office, stationary with their name on, and even had a young person as an interpreter. They even arranged my hotel which I had to pay for. So there are many points of contact where they brazenly show themselves.

The way through is for a local to make contact as though they have been contacted, meet them at the airport and follow-through getting evidence. But the stakes are low, unless there are more people scammed than we realise and who have said nothing?
I'm guessing there are possibly others in the scam. I don't recognise the guys in the photos....
But all the best if someone is prepared to follow up!
Pete

Ishmael (462 posts) • -1

@Eric: Best wishes and I'm not doubting you, but you realize you've just put photos of people up with very unclear accusations and no evidence whatsoever. Anybody can put a photo and name up, and this would discredit them - what if somebody put your photo up, or mine, with no evidence but with accusations? The photos show no scam, and it strikes me that a driver is, well, just a driver, and I don't understand what you mean by 'one to one'.
I mean to do nothing here but simply point this out.

petetheripper (6 posts) • 0

You're right Ishmael,

According to the police while I was giving the statement, they followed up with the registration plates. The driver of the rental car I've referred to above was included with the car hire.

EricLove (9 posts) • 0

English: Thank you all who are not indifferent. I learned about this forum too late. After a year since those events. Very sorry indeed. I scanned the network, but I found it too late. I didn't go to the police. There was no evidence in China that it was a Scam. I was in Italy when my accountant transferred money to them via WESTERN UNION. And we are in Uzbekistan. I know I did something stupid. And I realized only after returning. But no call, no letter is not come. Yes, they are in the company of many. There are people who depict officials, three persons, interpreters, assistants. Every time it is possible the company is rotated. I do not blame them, the amount of loss is the payment for the lessons, for the case. I'm not showing them anything. I just want to understand how brazen they are and assess the extent of their fraud. And if on such a small forum there is another person who suffered from them, it means 7 million Kunmin we met one of those people

Related forum threads

Login to post