GoKunming Forums

I love Kunming - Except . . .

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I really love life here in Kunming and Yunnan. However, one thing that really drives me nuts is -

1 - The people who drive their bikes and scooters into the market, especially during peak hours.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

1-Constant spitting.
2-2nd hand smoke.
3-Cars and bikes parked and blocking the pedestrian street.
4-Vendors selling their wares in the middle of the pedestrian street thereby blocking passage.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

1. Pedestrians, riders and drivers always disregarding road rules
2. People who get in elevators before letting others first get out

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

1. Westerners (Western foreigners) who only eat Western food with other Westerners at Western restaurants, only hang out in Western bars, only live with other Westerners, only speak English, believe that Chinese people should change to accomodate them, insult and complain about China every day, and think McDonald's is delicious food. Then, they believe that they are "experiencing China". Hey, you asked.

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

But to be fair cars and bikes park everywhere. Thus Turning your 4 lane road into a one lane traffic jam as two cars just sit and honk at each other....

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

3. Westerners who complain about other Westerners, but always hang out at Western spots like Salvadors or Slice of Heaven, eat Western food, drink Western coffee and Western red wine, reply to their Chinese teachers in a Western language, and teach that same Western language to the locals. They, they believe that they are "living like locals".

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

1, People who just walk straight to the front of a queue you've been in for five minutes and nobody says a word!

But just minor, I enjoy life here :)

Related forum threads

Login to post