GoKunming Forums

Train Ticket Booking Office

English Tutour (123 posts) • 0

To GBTEXDOC:
Thanks so much for this very helpful information. I will let you know how it turns out when I go there very soon!

English Tutour (123 posts) • 0

Special thanks to GBTEXDOC for your very helpful advice and directions to the WuYi location of the train ticket office. My trip there was successful and I was able to get the tickets to Lijiang.

A few days later, my chinese tutor took me to an office very close to WenLin Jie on YiErYi Dajie and I was able to two more sets of tickets.

So thanks again for all your help.

Isn't GoKunming indispensable!!

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

I read online that train tickets can now be purchased 18 days in advance (20 days if purchased online). Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

I took a chance and went anyway... and yes, they can be purchased that far in advance now, for the record.

Tina1031 (3 posts) • 0

You can book it online . but you need to understand a little basic Chinese.
I can help if you want. just translating right??I am local person and i have been in Canada for 5 years and just back in this March.
My Email: tiffanytian1031@gmail.com

jeanie86 (11 posts) • 0

Can someone tell me where the train ticket office is specifically? I'm looking for the one mentioned near Wen Lin and Yi Er Yi.

Thanks!

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

It is at Number 10 Wenchang Road. 文昌路10。 This is a small street that enters the north side of Yi Er Yi Dajie 一二一大街 between Dongfeng Donglu 东风东路 and Beimen Jie 北门街

You can see it on Baidu Maps by typing in the search phrase" 昆明市一二一大街火车票售票处"。

There are many others in central Kunming a short bus ride away if you cannot locate that one.

This is the one I described a couple years back for someone else. It's real easy to find. Read back in the thread for more about it.

www.17u.com/train/TrainTicketSaleDetail-2437.html

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

I don't know how far in advance. Think I recall that it has changed.

Do you know what's the latest on that?

Related forum threads

Login to post