GoKunming Forums

IP laws

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

Today I saw a major canadian corporation logo used by a building developer/ company here in Kunming.
Should I try to find an IP lawyer and be a wistle blower?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

My God, what has happened to humanity? Percy Schmeiser was sued by Monsanto for growing canola that drifted to his property from other farmers. In other words, the company owns the canola and any seeds that come from this original plant - forever. Should we defend and protect and snitch on others so that the big corporations can collect more profits? The Free videos we see online will disappear soon. Go to any store and 100% of all drinks now contain aspartame or other sweetners - no more sugar - not one. How sick has humanity become when people or companies can own plants, animals, pictures, logos and so on. And the masses are ready to snitch on any one who infringes on the IP rights of these big companies. We deserve what we get.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

If I start a thread about a zit on my nose, will that get subverted to a discussion on the evils of Monsanto too?

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Did you know those zits on your nose were put there by Monsanto Dazzer? They secretly own most of the pimple treatment companies and use contrails to drop zit encouraging compounds across huge swathes of populated areas. Bastards.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

I agree with most of what you say HFCAMPO, plants and animals that can overtake and destroy the existing wild breeds are wrong... then the company controls the food supply. Not good for humanity.
Monsanto is evil...

The logo in question is CBC CANADIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION, SOCIÉTÉ RADIO- CANADA's logo.
The logo can be seen here.
cbc.radio-canada.ca/

It's a Canadian icon, like the BBC is to Brits or ABC or NBC are to Yanks

A logo is something different, for me it's a Canadian identity, Canada has very few identities other than maple syrup, Cannabis and gay marriage.....not to high on my list...

It's just another blatant disrespect for fair trade by the Chinese marketing groups.
You want to be like the west...fine go ahead, be creative and make your own logo, you got 5000 years of culture to dig into...or do you??

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Hey Mike, if you can send me a photo of that logo in Kunming, along with the location, you could send it to me and I'll forward it to Stephen Harper who's on my email list! I have to wonder though, if the CBC registered their logo internationally or just in Canada.

Many years ago on an island in the Carribean, somebody got wind of CIBC's plan to open in their country. The guy quickly registered the name and it cost CIBC millions to buy it back.

Here's hoping the CBC has no plans to come to Kunming!

Related forum threads

Login to post