GoKunming Forums

Richland International Hospital?

Cap123 (8 posts) • 0

@Alien, don't pick up the hookers at the train station next time. Are you Martin by the way?

WayoftheSun (52 posts) • 0

I just got back from this hospital and I was very pleased. I showed up in the middle of the night throwing up uncontrollably and was helped immediately. They diagnosed me and brought me to a very nice room. Cozy, 120 channels and even a little attached bathroom. The place is super clean and I thought the staff was very helpful, although due to me showing up in the middle of the night there was no translators. I speak decent chinese so between that and the doctors using pleco on their phones we were able to communicate just fine. i was put on an IV. The following morning their translator was there and she was incredibly sweet and helpful as well. I would definitely recommend this place if you have anything you need. Its clean, friendly, modern, and in my opinion for all the crap I ended up deciding to do, very reasonably priced. Only thing is that I wish I couldve used my insurance as I am covered through it internationally, but the process was too complicated and i decided to just go the cash route. Also I was pleased about the fact that nothing unnecessary was asked of me. The doctor gave me his idea of what he thought was best and I confirmed whether I wanted to or not. No pressure at all there, just his advice.

laofengzi (376 posts) • 0

get all reciepts for everything, insurance provider will still cover it. need to file within 30 days of the incident.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Back in the day, 1998, I think, I spent more than a week in a Western owned hospital in Beijing, My California Blue Cross accepted all the receipts and reimbursed me. Total cost was about $8,000 USD and, oddly, I got almost 100%.

Today, in the age of Obamacare, I am not sure if it would work.

steve2014 (33 posts) • 0

Calmettee international hopsital is one block to Richard international hopsital.

Its pediatric clinic, Sanford international clinic, is awesome, collaborating with US.

There are American pediatrician working over there.

fixitwithahammer (165 posts) • 0

@steve2014
did you go there with your child child?
is it any good?
whats the price compared to richland?
do you have to open a card with cash deposit?

Related forum threads

Login to post