GoKunming Forums

Richland International Hospital?

TICexpats (207 posts) • 0

LOL,getting ripped off by the Richland, nothing new there.

Why you guys go there is beyond my comprehension ?

For a half assed translator and crap treatment, really

There are no western trained nurses or Doctors there, your wasting your money and time.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

The $$ and time spent on the UTI is a waste. Richland is a hack operation beyond belief.
You best simply go to Bumrundgrad and get proper, prompt and accurate medical treatment and be done with it. There is really no other alternative living in Kunming.

WayoftheSun (52 posts) • 0

Has anyone been to richland hospital recently? these reviews are all from two years ago and Im wondering if they've improved their service. I might need to go to a hospital today but Im really nervous theyll either misdiagnose me or push some tests/meds that aren't necessary.

Ifoundthetuna (370 posts) • 0

we always go to richland hospital, actually our daughter went last week.

we never had any problems or misdiagnoss problem. quite contrary.
plus it is cheaper than any all-chinese hospital. minus the long waiting periods, smoking- and spitting patients.

she got blood test 130kuai to determine if it.s a virus. 20kuai admission fee. and 40kuai for two western flu medz.

5 to 10 kuai admission.
blood test ...about the same.
where chinese hospital cash in,is in medz. they usually over prescribe and never use dual purpose or combo medz. making it more expensive and more dangerous(side effects).
we never left a chinese hospital under 300 to 400 kuai.

my wife went to a hosputal 2 weeks ago and paid 390kuai for flu medz.
my personal record for "FLU" medz was 800kuai. the big hospital next to jinma square.

I got a CT at Richland a year back, I refused at first, [I thought it was a rip-off]. So I took a 10 session of physio therapy instead [which I thought was expensive =700kuai]

The CT cost me in the end 280 kuai the same as my wife was charged after an accident. And I could have skipped the 700 kuai physio charge!

So the doctor could have ripped-me off easily, but instead offered the best choice for me, as a doctor should.

My wife had to wait for an hour and a half with people screaming and spitting all over the place.

I don't say that Richland is the cheapest in Kunming, but if you consider time and comfort, plus the good an cheap medz price, ...it is!

I heard a lot of rip-off stories but, if correct, it may have to do with the Richland card we still use from my wife's pregnancy birth money top-up!
Maybe they rip-off non card holders .[equally f...ed up]

Anyway we never and my friends, whom went, never did. Just my [our] experience.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

My experience: late 2009, went to richland after finding that the Kunming Skin Disease Hospital on Renminlu had charged me a good bit for meds but the diagnosis was never clear and the problem had only been partially modified, and slowly, over about 6 months. The day I went to Richland a doctor there said the doctor I needed to see wasn't there that day, but to come the next day. I did; the doctor I then saw said I should go to the KM #2 hospital & see head of dept. (she gave me the name). I did; problem was diagnosed and dealt with adequately, not particularly expensive - course of treatment of a chronic, recurrent, possibly dangerous and theoretically incurable condition over 2&1/2 years. Now, for over 2&1/2 more years, I've had no relapse and have had no need to see a doctor.
So Richland did not wrong, but they sent me to the state-run hospital, who did the job.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

there are no meds for flu, its a virus. Paracetemol and ibruprofen for the pain and to control fever/ any inflamation.

Related forum threads

Login to post