GoKunming Forums

Keats School

JustSomeGuy (23 posts) • 0

I am currently a student there, in fact I came in the fall of 2009 for a few weeks and returned late last year for an extended stay. I think it is an excellent school and the teachers I have had have all been really great. I have only taken the 1-on-1 classes but they also have small classes (I think 6 or 8 students and one teacher). Those are cheaper and maybe good for someone already living in Kunming and busy with other activities, but for me 1-on-1 is far better.

As I am staying there for an extended period of time they sponsored my Student Visa which for me was fairly hassle free (well, ignoring the medical exam).

As for the price, it seems OK to me. But as with anything you'll have to weigh the cost and benefits based on your own needs and targets and of course it always makes sense to look around before jumping into anything regardless of how good someone else thinks it is. It also makes sense to first visit the school in person before deciding if at all possible. Unfortunately that is not really an option for those not already in Kunming.

Of note, they have a number of students who have returned to the school multiple times over a few years, so they must be doing something right. But of course, everyone's experience will be a little different based on how well any particular school suits.

xianhua (1 post) • 0

I agree with Nick1111. As I know, the boss of Keats was a book seller and she did not have any experience in teaching Chinese language, so this school can not be a good Chinese language school. Better to avoid it!

miantiao (1 post) • 0

Hey Nick1111 & xianhua, you dare to say Keats School is a bad school? lol... Don't you afraid of that Keats could sue you to the court? They tried to do this to one previous student before.

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

Their one-on-one classes are expensive, but they also have small classes that are a good deal. I know three people who study there in their small classes, and they've all had a good experience so far this semester. I don't have any personal experience at the school though.

Rasssul (36 posts) • 0

Hi All. Contacted with the Keats recently. How do you think, is it normal if they ask me to make full down payment? If you apply at their site you will have to pay 200$ first, out of 600, then this amount is subject to deduction when you make full payment, and if you speak with their Rep via WeChat, she talks about full payment. Messed up

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

In general a down payment should be paid in full. By definition a down payment is only a part of the full payment.
Often there are however time limitations on certain payments; when the date of the start of the course (or whatever) is near then the full payment is often required. Not clear if this applies here.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

In the past, I have seen a down payment required to secure a place, and full payment on the first day of the course. It might be that the sales girl wants her full commission asap.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I went to Keats in 2006. Before I came to China I had to send them a 200 dollar deposit. When I arrived I paid the full balance before the classes started 3-4 days later.

Related forum threads

Login to post