GoKunming Forums

Chinese cooking classes

chelsbels84 (6 posts) • 0

Hey everyone!

Like Teddy, I realize maybe you already have too many people for your cooking class, but, if you have room for one more, I would love to join! You can reach me at chelsea.grove@gmail.com or 15887289242.

Hope to hear from you!
~Chelsea

anne_kmg (16 posts) • 0

Hi everyone,

sorry for the late response - i was on the road for quite some time. this is also the reason why the cooking class never started - i just wasn't around to 'gather' everyone. unfortunately, our potential chef hasn't replied to my e-mail written once i had returned.

anyway, i am still eager to have someone show me new produce at the market and to teach me a trick or two. will be gone for a week in november but otherwise i am around.

maybe we should start be setting a date to get to know each other - i'll send an e-mail to those who showed interest.

Cheers, Anne

anne_kmg (16 posts) • 0

... realised I don't have the e-mail address of robert367 and HollyB. Why don't you just text me your addresses in case you are still interested (18787480411)
Anne

anne_kmg (16 posts) • 0

Hi everyone,

our first attempting at meeting kind of failed - we were two people despite great interest from many more. Annabelle and I thought it might thus make sense to try and meet again same day, same time next week, i.e.

Saturday 3rd October, 4pm, French Cafe (Wenlin Jie)

For 'identification' purposes, I'll be hanging around the entrance area (bar/outside). I always have my black/grey backpack with me.

I will try to contact everyone who got in touch with me via e-mail or phone but if you don't receive anything from my side, please still free to come and join us.

Unfortunately, Narci moved to Lijiang and thus can't teach us = (.

It would thus be great if all of us could ask co-workers/friends/etc if they know someone who would be interested in giving Chinese cooking classes to foreigners.

See you soon,
Anne

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

Since Saturday 3 October is either a long time in the future or in the past, I take it you meant 3 November? I won't be in Kunming around that time but am still interested. Can you keep me up to date via phone or e-mail

sander.vandemoortel@gmail.com

English Tutour (123 posts) • 0

Canadian living in Kunming...I have just finished writing a Chinese cookbook, working on a Yunnan cookbook now. Would love to teach those who want to know about the local market produce and how to cook Chinese and Yunnan dishes. Classes would be in English.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.