GoKunming Forums

Can Chinese get a visa in Bali on arrival?

colinflahive (167 posts) • 0

All the information I am getting is that Chinese can buy a Bali visa on arrival. Does anyone out there know this to be the case? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

mehnyaa (52 posts) • 0

There is visa on arrival facility at the Bali international airport. However, the queues are extremely long. I would advise one to get all the necessary documentation done before leaving China.

Chinese used to be able to apply for visa at the Laos border. When I was traveling via Jinghong to Huay Side early this year, a Chinese lady was turned away at the Chinese customs rite before exiting the country. Reason given was that she did not have a Lao visa. She thought that she could get it at the border but apparently that changed overnite?. Sad, she had to leave and take another bus to Jing Hong after traveling 5 hours to the border....

So, to be on the safe side, get everything done before you leave. At least you have a peace of mind when on the plane to Bali..

By the way, Bali is a beautiful place. But be careful of the many illegal money changers. They are very dishonest. Make sure you check your money EVERY time you hand them your money or when you receive them. My friend handed 100 USD( different notes) and after taking the money, they said they do not have good rates for my friend and returned the money. She did not check the returned money. When we were back at the hotel, she realized that she was given back only USD90 .Best way is to count the money in front of them before handing them the money so that they won't say that you had handed them less money then you had claimed, or when they hand you the money, double count it regardless of whether the transaction is successful.

By the way, do go to the Flap Jacks for mexican food. Very nice!
Must try Bintang beer ( local beer) too!
Enjoy your hols!

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

I have read that the Chinese authorities have recently made it harder for Chinese citizens to travel abroad, by requiring that all Chinese citizens have a visa in their passport IN ADVANCE despite there being a visa on arrival facility available in some countries.

What this means is that even if a Chinese citizen can apply for a visa on arrival from certain countries provided they are in possession of a round-trip air ticket and sufficient funds (for example 15 days in Thailand), the Chinese authorities will require Chinese citizens to have a visa in their passport before they are allowed to board a plane to that country. I saw evidence of this in Thailand, where a Chinese citizen on his way back to Beijing had only stayed in Thailand for 4 days but had a visa sticker in his passport from the embassy in Beijing. This inspite of Thailand allowing Chinese citizens to apply for 15 day visas on arrival.

Only if a Chinese citizen visits a second country WITH a visa in their passport and then proceeds to a third country from that other country would it be possible to apply for a visa on arrival. For example, if a Chinese citizen with a Singaporean visa in their passport goes to Singapore first and then Indonesia (assuming they actually allow Chinese citizens to apply for a visa on arrival) would they be allowed to board the plane and apply there. Otherwise, if leaving directly from China a visa must be applied for in advance.

toto4 (1 post) • 0

We are in Malaysia now, do my Cheinis wife need a return ticket, to get the visa on arrival ??
Thanks for any help.

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

@toto4, yes absolutely and as you can read from the other responses including mine, you would be well advised to let your wife know she should apply for a Malaysian visa before departing China.

Related forum threads

Login to post