GoKunming Forums

What to do in Mile 弥勒, Yunnan

colinflahive (167 posts) • 0

We are going to be taking 19 young Chinese friends for a 2-day trip to Mile. Anyone have any good ideas what to do or what to eat? Much appreciated, Colin

Firstphase (8 posts) • 0

Don't understand why people want to go there. It is the town where more than 3000 dogs were brutally beaten to death last year.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

The Mi le hot springs are nice. Food is good, try the Yi Liang duck on the way. There is also a big Buddha to visit just outside the city.

John_Zong (1 post) • 0

I have been there. It's a good place to take hot spring. if you all stay in Hu Quan Hotel(湖泉酒店) it'd be a enjoyable experience. two restaurants are place to try, Hong He Shi Fu(红河食府), Mi le Story(弥勒故事)

keping (4 posts) • 0

The hot springs are very nice. As I recall, about 60 yuan per person, though the facilities are quite nice. There is some actual hot spring water in the pools, but some and probably all of them are either fully or partially electrically heated, and several are dyed various colors (white, turquoise, . . .).

bucko (695 posts) • 0

GO outside 15 clicks and tour the Yunnan Wine factory. Very nice place to visit.

See my article "Swimming the long green Mile" at my website buckchucko.com for pics and info.

I go there fairly often. Great place to chill.

taejonwill (38 posts) • 0

I used to live in Wenshan and I traveled a lot through Mile a lot to get to Kunming. The scenery is very nice between Mile and Kaiyuan. I think it is one of the most beautiful areas in eastern Yunnan. Lots of rolling hills and trees and a nice scenic river running through it.

Related forum threads

Login to post