GoKunming Forums

Best Gyms in Kunming?

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

What's extremley strange in this thread is that nobody with less than 3 posts has mentioned Yutao yoga yet.

kiara (39 posts) • 0

@yankee00 is yutao yoga any good? where is it located? and do you know how much they charge??thanks!

Rachelc (28 posts) • 0

Just an update on the gym situation. At first I went to go check out the powerhouse gym on Renmin Zhong Lu, and it was alright. It seemed pretty ritzy, what with the touch screen tv enabled treadmills. And the price seemed a bit high, at 1600kuai for 4 months.

I didn't realized exactly how high it really was until my friend took me to have a look at her gym, Haoheng Gym. There, they wanted 800 for three months. AND the facilities were much better I thought. Maybe not as extravagant, but has a squat rack, smith machine, all manner of bench presses and weights (although scattered everywhere and a total hazard, no one re-racks!!).

I did end up signing up for three months with Haoheng. They are right across the street from where Powerhouse, on the fifth floor. I would baidu map it first or call because it is a little hard to find, but I like it a lot so far.

Also @sbarella, they have yoga and hot yoga!

sbarella (105 posts) • 0

@rachelC, thanks so much! I'll definitely check out this gym. 1600 for 4 months is a steal, it's good you didn't enroll and checked out Haoheng as well!!

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Hot yoga? You mean bikram? I think someone was looking for bikram yoga here a while back, good info Rachel! Now this thread will come up if someone searches for bikram.

(and sbarella, I think you mean 1600 for 4 months is expensive? The way you phrase it "is a steal" means it is cheap! Tai gui le!)

sbarella (105 posts) • 0

ahahah yep,@blobbes, you are right!i was paying 1100 for my gym last year-Surmont gym in Jiao Ling lu, close to Think UK. it was great but I recently moved to the east so it's too far for me now. it's a good choice if you live in the west

Chicha78 (51 posts) • 0

I agree with Bobbles, 1600RMB for 4 months (RIP OFF!). It costs half if not a quarter the price in the West for a membership like that. Last time I checked the only person sweating and hard work is you. Now turn up the heating and watch the money tree grow. Ha! Tai gui le!!!

Rachelc (28 posts) • 0

@blobbles I think if you call it Bikram you have to feed the hungry hungry empire and pay lots of money, so at Haoheng, its just "hot yoga" haha.

Yeah 1600 was far too much, glad I didn't go in with them. I'm really happy at Haoheng, although it is a little far from where i live.

Sbarella, I live in Think UK now! We might have been neighbors haha. What is the gym over in this are that you used to go to?

Rachelc (28 posts) • 0

@blobbles I think if you call it Bikram you have to feed the hungry hungry empire and pay lots of money, so at Haoheng, its just "hot yoga" haha.

Yeah 1600 was far too much, glad I didn't go in with them. I'm really happy at Haoheng, although it is a little far from where i live.

Sbarella, I live in Think UK now! We might have been neighbors haha. What is the gym over in this are that you used to go to?

sbarella (105 posts) • 0

it's called Surmont, if you go out of Think UK from the South gate (the one next to Construction Bank), turn right and go straight for 500 mt untill the crossroad. The gym is on your left on the second floor, there's a big China Merchant bank on the ground floor. They had hot yoga every day at 7.30 pm, sometimes very good, sometimes ok, depending on the teacher. The class on Sunday evening was the best, but the schedule might have changed.it was 1100 for a year or 800 for 6 months, if I remember correctly.

Related forum threads

Login to post