GoKunming Forums

Best Gyms in Kunming?

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

Just joined the new one at the Aegean mall, all new equipment and seems good for the price, 2400 rmb for the year.

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

For folks in S/SW part of town, there's Wellness Gym right next to the Wuhua Stadium.

It's a pretty basic place. They have a decent set of weights and equipment, though it's not very well maintained. Tons of classes, including yoga, dance and spinning. I think Vikram yoga is a bit extra.

They also have a nice outdoor patio next to the Wuhua Stadium running track, and you can access the track at night, when it's closed to the public.

I think I paid around 1500 for the basic membership.

I agree with TigerTiger that location is probably the most important. You can work out with pretty basic stuff if you know what you're doing, but the best gym in town is useless if you never go.

YYZ-KMG (4 posts) • 0

For anyone living in Century City or close to Erji Station, there's a great gym above the Carrofour shopping centre (4th floor).
Spinning, yoga, hot yoga, dance, pole dancing & aerobics classes are all included.

There's also a boxing ring, ping pong tables, and I believe they're also expanding for sometime in March.

I paid around 2500 RMB for a two year membership.
Vincent speaks English!
:)

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

The gym I just joined, 1600/yr, decided to close for a month for CNY. FFS who closes a gym for a month? Answers on a postcard please.

trice (36 posts) • 0

Wedsff - my impression is you mostly have to go to a place for one or the other. Thought I heard that Tuodong Stadium might be an exception but I'm really not sure what they have re: gym facilities

Free4ash (1 post) • 0

Does anyone know of a gym that is inside the 2nd ring road?
And is the the gym above the Carrofour shopping centre (4th floor) near Century City or close to Erji Station still open/running that YYZ-KMG posted 4 years ago?
And if so could you send a location on this forum.

Related forum threads

Login to post