GoKunming Forums

Covid vaccine mandatory for all adults?

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

And I hope they do.

Probably the most principal task of any government is to protect its citizens. Therefor making sure that no diseases are coming into the country, or are able to spread in their country, is a proper way to do things. By doing so they protect their citizens from diseases and the cost of deceases in human suffering and economically.
I therefor fully support any government that protects its citizens in this way.

If you don’t agree with this fine, but then fuck off to your own country where you are free to inflict human suffering and economic hardship on your fellow citizens.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

I dont want any govt manageing "my well being" for the simple fact that the last thing on their mind is about protecting me. You are a fool to believe otherwise.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

I dont want any govt manageing "my well being" for the simple fact that the last thing on their mind is about protecting me. You are a fool to believe otherwise.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • +1

I was not talking about governments managing “my well being” or “your wellbeing” but about the government’s task to protect its citizens.
But if you want to be free to inflict human suffering and economic hardship on your fellow citizens fine but then fuck off to your own country.

DanDare (141 posts) • 0

I can think of one country that probably has a few 100thousand extra deaths in the name of FREEDOM! and the leadership failing to act and politicizing the pandemic.

Tom69 (151 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

@lemon lover, rudeness and hostility is the resort of miserable people who have clearly lost the argument.

Requiring a vaccination is not only draconian and a violation of various human rights decrees such as the Nuremburg Code, there is no proof it even protects.

In fact, all of the Covid vaccine manufacturers simply state that the shot reduces symptoms. Many of them are already talking about booster shots in 6-9 months from now.

@Dandare, every government has politicized the pandemic. It now looks like it was all about the vaccine from the beginning. If governments were reasonable then they would have protected only those vulnerable from the effects of the virus (such as the elderly) and not imposed mandatory mask rules, which are in many countries still in effect at least in some settings, with no clear end in sight (except in Europe, where mask mandates are set to be completely lifted by September or October). In the USA, most mask mandates have already been lifted, with the remaining ones likely to follow suit before the end of the year. In some countries, masks have been mandatory for well over a year now. This is starting to get out of hand.

There was never anything remotely on this scale imposed on the world during SARS, Swine Flu or even Ebola. Clearly something else is going on this time.

My personal opinion is I don't think they'll go as far as mandating the shots anywhere on Earth...however, there is a possibility that for some time, as long as the "pandemic" is in swing, a vaccine requirement to enter some countries or like has been mentioned, to seek a work permit in China could persist, but I don't think it will last more than about 1 more year. I don't it see it as being an ongoing requirement once the world gets back to pre-March 2020 travel.

DanDare (141 posts) • 0

Quote "There was never anything remotely on this scale imposed on the world during SARS, Swine Flu or even Ebola. Clearly something else is going on this time." Millions of deaths are the something else.

Tom69 (151 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

Obviously you believe the propaganda and are scared. I suggest double masking and remaining at home. The rest of us will get on with our lives.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • +1

@Tom69
Heaving worked in several vaccination campaigns all over the world you indeed might call me a believer. I have seen the results of non-believers; children dying of mumps, children born severely deformed by polio and then dumped at the side of the road. Preventable diseases. This all the result of the weird ideas of the Tabiban, Boko Haram, bush-doctors and all the various western anti-vaxxers.

If you like to belong to this groups, fine, but indeed fuck off to your own country. You might call that “rudeness and hostility and the resort of miserable people”. Well I don’t. Might be rudeness but that seems to be the only way to get through to the like of you, you responded.

You are hostile by spreading false information and doubt that can lead to people’s dead, severe illness and economic hardship. And I am not miserable at all, I have a clear conscience while you have (potentially) blood on your hands.

You are probably too young to remember the times that you had to travel the world with not only a passport but as well a vaccination booklet. When you were refused entry when you didn’t have a Yellow Fever shot. When you had to bare your arm to show your pockmark before you were allowed in the country.

Not surprising these requirements have disappeared because the restrictions in place diminished or even wiped out these diseases. And so indeed hopefully in a couple of years the Covid checks will disappear as well.

Anyway somebody talking about the Nuremburg Code (Spelled Nuremberg Code by the way) as a reason not to get vaccinated is a complete idiot. We all know that the Nuremberg Code had a completely different objective then crossing borders whiteout vaccination. The code talks indeed about human rights but we all know that rights come with obligations. The later part is usually forgotten by these anti-vaxxers.

To spell it out for you: Any form of personal freedom carries in it the obligation that when exercised they don’t inflict the opposite on others.

You state: There was never anything remotely on this scale imposed on the world during SARS, Swine Flu or even Ebola. Well you seem to have lost any sense of proportion. Eight people died of Ebola in the USA compared 617,166 of Covid (To date). Come on get serious! (Ebola killed 11,310 people worldwide).

Related forum threads

Login to post