GoKunming Forums

Australia issues China travel warning

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

Only potentially Ausrtralians and Australian companies living and doing business in Yunnan - but probably not. When China wants to make a statement they usually choose from the pools in Beijing, Shanghai, and other eastern seaboard provinces, where foreigners are more apt to engage in questionable behavior as a result of delusionary hubris.

duke is me (64 posts) • 0

Thanks to them for the warning about travelling to Australia..
We realize that it is a large, worthless wasteland; inhabited by sunburnt alcoholics; surrounded by sharks..

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

@duke,
Your description of Australia is similar to Canada, except the alcoholics there are frost bitten and the sharks are all in parliament.

duke is me (64 posts) • +2

@AlPage48
Or Britain:

a tiny island, full of pale, pasty alcoholics in rain gear, surrounded by herring..

Of the other Five Eyes, I can't knock New Zealand or their sheep, though..

Napoleon (1187 posts) • +1

A country where you can be arrested under some of the most arbitrary oppresive laws on the planet warns its citizens abroad about being arrested arbitrarily.

Quester (233 posts) • 0

Do you mean the arrest and detention of refugees seeking asylum in Australia? It is a rather harsh system, especially if they send you to offshore detention for indefinite exile on a desert island. Maybe China is making arbitrary arrests in revenge for that!

Related forum threads

Login to post