Wonders Of Yunnan Travel


has there been a change in the visa regs???

Dazzer (2807 posts) • -1

yes, i thought you had to be a native speaker from a native speaking country to teach english with a z visa.

Liumingke1234 (3250 posts) • 0

There is an exeption. If you are a non native speaker and hold a degree from an English speaking country then you can still teach English in China legally so I've heard.

vicar (804 posts) • 0

There are regulations but there are also relationships with the authorities.

The ad is probably to attract those that don't mind a lower salary. I've seen ads that go beyond this with even lower salaries targeting teachers from Pakistan.

I can see the logic the school is using as non-native teachers with qualifications and TEFL experience can make great teachers.

Napoleon (1183 posts) • -1

If a non native English speaker has a degree earnt in an English speaking country OR has a degree in Education that was taught in English in their home country or any other OR holds a DELTA then they can qualify to teach English in China.

They can also teach their native tongue and English and that would also suffice for a visa.

vicar (804 posts) • -2

I can see this getting the complacent native speakers all flustered. I've already been down voted for my previous comment.

Liumingke1234 (3250 posts) • -1


For some people the truth hurts. Nothing you said was off. It was spot on but many here are liberal snowflakes.

Liumingke1234 (3250 posts) • -1

This whole down vote up vote is pointless. Whenever someone get downvoted and the comments can not be view unless clicked, I always click on it to see the comment. Go figure!

Login to post Register to post