GoKunming Forums

Pumpkin-carving knives

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

Couldn't you just use any type of knife for the initial incision, then just carry on the carving by inserting a bread knife in the cut and carve away.

Just a thought, not too much experience with pumpkin carving :o)

Napoleon (1187 posts) • +1

If they make knives especially for carving stupid faces in vegetables then it really is approaching the end of civilization.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • +2

Considering that electric turkey carving knives have been around since the 60s, we've already been warned of them impending end of civilization some half a century ago.

Alien (3819 posts) • -1

@Dan, yeah, you're right, we're obviously getting closer.
Surely there must be better ways to employ labor than to create such unnecessary things with it. Not that I expect the creation of pumpkin-carving knives to be a major industry anywhere, but still, it does smack of the end of civilization, or anyway of what is called civilization.
On the other hand, Alex, I think it is fun. I've got a good Swiss army knife, multi-purpose - tough, too, will probably outlast the end of civilization as we know it.

nnoble (889 posts) • +2

Production of a knife signals the end of civilisation? It's not April 1st, so it must because your vpns aren't working and you haven't seen any real news for a while. Or Kunming is driving you potty and you're looking for any sign that it will all end soon. How about a rogue asteroid?

Related forum threads

Login to post