GoKunming Forums

who thinks we chat is for business use

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

Revelations - everyone will be numbered (probably a bank account number). Some Scandinavian countries are now virtually cashless at he point of sale a la HFCAMPOs experience with The Greenery.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

The cashless society is here in the US. My pension, social security and disability money is direct deposited, in three different banks, and I carry three debit cards. I rarely use cash. In fact, only the city bus requires cash, $.75 and I choose to use cash at the local food joints.

About every other month, I get 20 $1 bills and $10 in quarters for bus riding. I carry $60 - $100 in cash for WAM.

My last trip from California to Massachusetts was done with less than $20 cash and that was for tipping the porters that pushed me from one gate to the next for plane changes. Taxis and shuttles all have wireless ATM modems.

Frankly, it is pretty convenient using plastic but you do leave a trail. But I no longer care if Big Brother is keeping a record of where and when I buy a cheeseburger and fries.

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

@geezer
Ironically funny. You just said most everywhere is cashless, except for public bus system...and that's kind of a social statement.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@michael2015: Yup, in Ventura county a monthly bus pass is $25 for me. At $.75 for 2 hour transfer ticket the pass is too expensive. I have an LA county pass and can ride all municipal buses free just like in Kunming.

BTW, glad you are back.

Related forum threads

Login to post